‘Cage The Elephant’ Dethrones Taylor Swift From Her No.1 Position In The Billboard Hot 200January 20th, 2011 - 8:26 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
: Cage the Elephant (CTE) is an American ‘rock squad’ from Kentucky, which was constructed in mid-2006, after which the squad has garnered colossal following in America as well as Britain for their sound and live renditions of immense energy. Their genres are punk blues as well as garage and alternative rock.
Subsequent to her reign over Billboard Hot 200 for two largely inactive weeks, Taylor Swift, the renowned American country pop vocalist, has finally surrendered her primary position to the rockers, CTE, in this rather dormant week. The CTE journeys directly to No. 1 in the primary week of their album, ‘Showroom of Compassion’ (SOC), with merely 44,000 copies. This statistic makes SOC the lowest-vending No. 1 CD since Nielsen SoundScan commenced to follow sales information in 1991. The former record was established by Taylor Swift’s ‘Speak Now’ in the previous week as the ‘country music’ compilation occupied the initial position with merely 52,000 units.
Another piece of wonderful news for the CTE is that the CTE has an additional album perched at the Top 10, which is their album, ‘Thank You, Happy Birthday’ (TYHB). TYHB touches down at the second best position with 39,000 copies. This signifies that they have plunged Swift to the No. 3 with another 35,000.
The other collections, which have experienced plunging, are ‘Doo - Wops & Hooligans’, sung by Bruno Mars, which has plummeted from No. 3 to No. 4. ‘Pink Friday’, vocalized by the rapper, Nicki Minaj, has dropped from No. 2 to No. 5, while Rihanna’s ‘Loud’ has also experienced a demotion from No. 6 to No. 8. Kanye West has fallen from No.7 to finish up the Top 10 as his ‘My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy’ has also experienced plunging.
Meanwhile, the albums, which make the most of the calm week and emerge in higher positions, are the ‘Country Strong’ album as well as ‘Sigh No More’, vocalized by Mumford & Sons. The former climbs from the tenth spot to the sixth position while the latter shifts from No. 8 to No. 9.
- Taylor Swift Remains Unbeatable At Top Of Billboard Hot 200 - Jan 13, 2011
- Taylor Swift Retains Top Position On Billboard Hot 200 - Jan 06, 2011
- Adele's 'Rolling in the deep' named song of the year - Feb 13, 2012
- Taylor Swift's new album 'Speak Now' reaches sales record - Nov 04, 2010
- Adele wins Grammy for '21' - Feb 13, 2012
- Taylor Swift sets new download record - Jan 31, 2010
- Lady Gaga's 'The Fame Monster' named 'biggest selling album of 2010' - Dec 29, 2010
- Eminem's 'Recovery' top-selling album of 2010 in US - Jan 07, 2011
- Susan Boyle tops overseas album sales chart for second year running - Feb 22, 2011
- Taylor Swift Beats Britney Spears' Download Record With "Fairytale" - Jan 31, 2010
- Britney Spears' album tops the charts - Apr 07, 2011
- Taylor Swift's latest album 'Speak Now' all set to breach the 1 million number mark - Oct 29, 2010
- Billboard 200 Chart: Susan Boyle Replaces Kanye West - Dec 11, 2010
- UK Loved The Way Eminem Lied: Tops The Year End Chart - Dec 24, 2010
- Eminem Tops Hot 100 - Jul 23, 2010
Tags: alternative rock, country music, country pop, cte, demotion, hooligans, immense energy, initial position, journeys, kanye west, music compilation, nicki minaj, nielsen soundscan, pop vocalist, renditions, rihanna, rockers, taylor swift, vending, wonderful news