Zardari urges Chinese entrepreneurs to invest in PakistanAugust 23rd, 2009 - 6:40 am ICT by IANS
Hangzhou (China), Aug 23 (Xinhua) Visiting Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has urged Chinese entrepreneurs to set up business ventures in that country in a bid to boost foreign investment.
Zardari made the call during his visit to Hangzhou, capital of China’s Zhejiang Province, Saturday.
With the gradual recovery of its economy, Pakistan is making efforts to explore new international markets and remove barriers for investment and trade so as to attract more foreign investment, Zardari told reporters in Hangzhou.
Zhejiang is one of the Chinese provinces that enjoy close exchanges with Pakistan. Forty-three Pakistani companies have set up their businesses in Zhejiang, said Zardari.
The Pakistani leader said his country would introduce favourable investment policies for Chinese businessmen in the country.
Pakistani officials said Chinese investments are needed in the country’s agriculture, hydropower and energy sectors. The infrastructure alone will require an initial investment of $110 billion.
They said Chinese fruit preservers can also play a crucial role in Pakistan as about 40 percent of the fruits cannot be transported due to the lack of freezing vehicles.
Zardari was paying his fourth visit to China since taking office last September.
- Zardari to begin China visit Tuesday - Aug 29, 2011
- Zardari to visit China - Aug 26, 2011
- Help us find oil, Pakistan tells China - Jun 18, 2011
- Zardari to undertake four-day visit of China from Aug.21 - Aug 10, 2009
- Zardari offers "Pak warm waters" to Chinese investors, entrepreneurs - Nov 14, 2010
- Nepal, China should boost business ties: envoy - Aug 18, 2012
- Pakistan, China discuss socio-economic cooperation - Aug 27, 2011
- Zardari woos China's business houses - Sep 01, 2011
- Zardari's China visit ends with signing of eight MoUs - Aug 25, 2009
- British drugmaker to invest $200 mn in China - Jan 05, 2012
- China talks energy, power cooperation with Pakistan - Jun 07, 2012
- Chinese firms mull joint ventures in India (With image) - Apr 13, 2012
- China allays India's concerns over trade deficit - Dec 13, 2010
- India protests China-assisted dam in Pakistani Kashmir - Sep 11, 2009
- Now India-China model for India-Pakistan ties? - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,