Yes Bank hikes PLR by 50 bps to 17 percentJuly 31st, 2008 - 5:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 31 (IANS) Private lender Yes Bank has increased its prime lending rate (PLR) by 50 basis points (bps) to 17 percent effective Friday, a company statement Thursday said. The Mumbai-based bank has also decided to revise deposit rates for tenure of one year to 18 months by 25 bps to 10 percent and for senior citizens by 75 bps to 10.5 percent per annum, the statement said.
Meanwhile, the bank announced a net profit of Rs.543 million during the first quarter of the current fiscal as against Rs.360 million for the corresponding period previous year, recording a growth of 50.9 percent.
For the latest quarter ending June, the total income increased to Rs.4.86 billion from Rs.3.48 billion in the corresponding quarter last year, an increase of 39.5 percent.
“In the recent challenging market environment, we have sought to ensure high credit quality of assets while maintaining income and growth objectives,” the Yes Bank CEO and managing director Rana Kapoor said in the statement.
In this quarter, the lender had successfully raised Rs.3.64 billion in a combination of Tier I and upper Tier II capital to fund expansion plans during the quarter.
- Allahabad Bank's Q3 net up by 34 percent - Jan 30, 2012
- HDFC Bank Q4 profit up 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- UCO Bank's net up by 94.12 percent in Q2 - Oct 31, 2011
- Allahabad Bank reports 55 percent rise in Q4 net profit - May 05, 2012
- UCO Bank Q1 net profit jumps 24 percent - Aug 04, 2012
- HDFC quarterly net profit up 20 percent - Oct 17, 2011
- Canara Bank Q2 profit up 11 percent to Rs.1,007.9 crore - Oct 20, 2010
- ICICI Bank Q1 profit up 30 percent - Jul 29, 2011
- HDFC Bank net profit rises 34 percent in first quarter - Jul 19, 2011
- United Bank's net up by 13.7 percent in Q2 - Oct 31, 2011
- United Bank Q1 net up by 31 percent - Aug 03, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's first quarter net up one percent - Jul 18, 2012
- SBI's third quarter net profit up 15.38 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Allahabad Bank Q1 net profit jumps 23 percent - Jul 30, 2012
- Union Bank of India hikes base rate by 50 basis points - Aug 06, 2011
Tags: annum, assets, bank ceo, basis points, bps, credit quality, expansion plans, first quarter, growth objectives, managing director, market environment, net profit, previous year, prime lending rate, private lender, senior citizens, tenure, tier ii