Yamuna Expressway to be aligned Agra-Lucknow highwayAugust 28th, 2012 - 12:01 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 27 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Monday approved the alignment of the 165-km Greater Noida-Agra Yamuna Expressway with the proposed 274-km Agra-Lucknow road project, a move which will considerably reduce the drive from the state capital to the national capital.
The Public Private Partnership Monitoring Committee (PPPMC) reviewed the draft concept report and gave the nod for the alignment. After the completion of the project, travel time from Lucknow to New Delhi will be considerably reduced.
To be built on ‘minimum distance formula’ through PPP mode, the finalised alignment proposes around the 274-km long six-lane (extendable to eight lanes) expressway, starting from the proposed Agra ring road close to Yamuna Expressway.
The state authorities asked the consultant to incorporate design parameters for a speed of 120 km/hour on the proposed expressway.
According to the draft concept report, there would be five toll-plazas, eight interchanges with 7.5 metres service lane along the expressway and 80 under passes, 135 cattle passes, four public amenities. Draft concept report has fixed the project execution time of 3 years.
Apart from cutting short the travel time between Agra and Lucknow to 3 hours from the present 7 hours, the access-controlled expressway will help the swift transportation of perishable produce of farmers to bigger markets and boost the tourism along the alignment as it will link to already functional Yamuna Expressway between Greater Noida and Agra.
The project is estimated to cost Rs.9,500 crore. It will have water bodies and eco-friendly parks.
Towns like Firozabad, Shikohabad, Etawah, Mainpuri, Kannauj and Malihabad would be on the expressway’s route.
- Akhilesh moots extension of Yamuna Expressway to Lucknow - Aug 13, 2012
- Akhilesh moots extension of Yamuna Expressway to Lucknow (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Jaypee's expressway to Taj cuts run from Delhi to 150 minutes (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway opens, cutting Delhi-Agra run to 150 minutes - Aug 09, 2012
- Delhi-Agra run cut by half as Yamuna Expressway opens (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway to be ready later this year: Official - Apr 26, 2011
- Villagers demand toll tax waiver at Yamuna Expressway - Aug 16, 2012
- Akhilesh government takes ahead Agra-Lucknow Expressway project - May 18, 2012
- Agra-Lucknow Expressway to be eco-friendly - Apr 04, 2012
- Check the speed! Expressway accidents cause concern - Sep 01, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh farmers call indefinite fast from Monday - Aug 28, 2010
- Yamuna Expressway awaits Akhilesh nod (With Image) - Mar 21, 2012
- Taj city residents oppose widening of Delhi-Agra highway - Aug 03, 2010
- Officials, ambulances to go free on Yamuna Expressway - Aug 10, 2012
- Officially not open, Yamuna Expressway already a hit (With Images) - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,