Yamuna Expressway opens, cutting Delhi-Agra run to 150 minutesAugust 9th, 2012 - 2:12 pm ICT by IANS
Noida/Lucknow, Aug 9 (IANS) The drive to Taj Mahal from New Delhi should take no more than two-and-a-half hours now with the inauguration of the Yamuna Expressway Thursday — a 165-km, six-lane freeway connecting Greater Noida with Agra.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav inaugurated the expressway, built by the infrastructure major Jaypee Group, by way of a video-conference from the state capital Luckow.
The expressway promoter will also develop five integrated townships on 500 hectares each at Noida, Jaganpur, Mirzapur, Tappal near Aligarh and Kuber near Agra, officials said.
Permission has been obtained for toll at Rs. 2.10 per km for cars which will be levied at three points — at 38 km, 95 km and 150 km from Greater Noida.
The expressway will be formally opened to the public at 4 p.m.
- Delhi-Agra run cut by half as Yamuna Expressway opens (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Jaypee's expressway to Taj cuts run from Delhi to 150 minutes (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- Free ride on Yamuna Expressway till Aug 15 - Aug 09, 2012
- Villagers demand toll tax waiver at Yamuna Expressway - Aug 16, 2012
- Farmers protest as Yamuna Expressway opens - Aug 09, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway to be ready later this year: Official - Apr 26, 2011
- Check the speed! Expressway accidents cause concern - Sep 01, 2012
- Politics delay inauguration of Yamuna Expressway - Jan 14, 2012
- Farmers block Aligarh highway for higher compensation - Aug 15, 2010
- Yamuna Expressway awaits Akhilesh nod (With Image) - Mar 21, 2012
- Agra farmers write petition in blood - Sep 01, 2010
- Officials, ambulances to go free on Yamuna Expressway - Aug 10, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh farmers call shutdown Aug 25 - Aug 23, 2010
- Protesting farmers invite Tikait to lead agitation - Aug 19, 2010
- UP to withdraw cases slapped against farmers - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: agra, aligarh, cars, chief minister, greater noida, hectares, inauguration, infrastructure, jaypee group, kuber, lane freeway, lucknow, New Delhi, promoter, rs 2, taj mahal, townships, two and a half hours, uttar pradesh, video conference