Yahoo, Facebook form advertising allianceJuly 10th, 2012 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS
London, July 9 (IANS) Facebook and Yahoo have agreed to form a web advertising alliance and haave also settled their patent litigation case, The Telegraph reported Monday.
The companies said they will work together to bring advertisers new ways to promote their products across Yahoo and Facebook’s websites.
The settlement includes a cross-license agreement, according to a statement Monday.
Yahoo filed the original patent lawsuit under the leadership of Scott Thompson, who resigned as chief executive officer in May amid pressure from investors, after failing to correct “misstatements in his academic record”, the newspaper said.
Although Facebook is the world’s largest social network, Yahoo is still a major player in America and its news service remains one of the biggest in Britain.
The combined access for advertisers to both sites will, the companies claim, work to their mutual benefit.
In the March lawsuit, Yahoo alleged that Facebook infringes patents covering such functions as internet privacy, advertising and information sharing.
Facebook, the largest social-networking service, countersued in April, accusing Yahoo of infringement.
- Yahoo, Facebook reach patent deal - Jul 07, 2012
- Facebook buys AOL patents from Microsoft - Apr 24, 2012
- Yahoo taps former Google executive as CEO - Jul 17, 2012
- Yahoo! to cut another 2,000 jobs in restructuring effort - Apr 04, 2012
- Microsoft reaches patent deal with LG - Jan 13, 2012
- Suit on objectionable content motivated, says Yahoo India (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen sues Google, Apple, nine others for web patent breach - Aug 28, 2010
- Inadvertent error in CEO's resume: Yahoo - May 04, 2012
- Microsoft co-founder sues 11 companies - Aug 28, 2010
- Yahoo cuts 2,000 jobs - Apr 05, 2012
- Google buys more than 1,000 IBM patents - Jul 30, 2011
- Court accepts Yahoo plea, fines complainant (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Facebook's E-Mail Service is Expected on Monday - Nov 13, 2010
- Court issues notice over taxing internet-based firms (Second Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Apple mulls settling patent fights with Samsung - Mar 30, 2012
Tags: academic record, advertising alliance, chief executive officer, cross license, facebook, infringement, internet privacy, license agreement, litigation case, misstatements, mutual benefit, new ways, news service, patent lawsuit, patent litigation, patents, privacy advertising, scott thompson, social networking service, web advertising