Wyndham to franchise Chatwal’s hotel brands globallyJanuary 21st, 2011 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
By Arun Kumar
Washington, Jan 21 (IANS) Wyndham Hotel Group, one of the world’s largest chains, has entered into an agreement with Indian-American hotelier Sant Singh Chatwal to franchise and manage his group’s Dream and Night boutique hotel brands globally.Wyndham and New York headquartered Chatwal Hotels & Resorts announced the agreement in Parsippany, New Jersey Thursday.
The 151-room Dream Cochin is located in Ernakulum, Kerala. Other Dream and Night hotels currently are open in New York and Bangkok.
In addition, the 108-room, Art-Deco-inspired Dream South Beach is scheduled to open early this year in Miami Beach, Florida, adjacent to the former Versace Mansion on Collins Avenue.
The company also has announced plans to open a Dream hotel in New York’s Meatpacking District during the second quarter of this year and expand in South Asia.
Eric Danziger, Wyndham Hotel Group president and chief executive officer said: “The addition of the Dream and Night brands will complement Wyndham Hotel Group’s diverse brand portfolio which focuses on meeting guest needs with a hotel product for every kind of traveller.”
“These design-driven, destination-within-a-destination brands are favoured by travellers who crave an avant-garde yet cosmopolitan experience. We are especially proud to work with Sant Singh Chatwal, an innovative hotelier and entrepreneur, to expand and evolve these brands in key business and leisure markets around the globe.”
Chatwal, chairman and CEO of Chatwal Hotels & Resorts and its management arm, Hampshire Hotels & Resorts, said Wyndham will “take the development of the Dream and Night brands to the next level” by leveraging Wyndham’s global distribution system, Wyndham Rewards loyalty programme and extended reach of development professionals.”
Chatwal Hotels & Resorts will continue to own the Dream and Night brand trademarks and intellectual property.
The Night brand, which Wyndham plans to develop in primary and secondary markets, will be positioned as an ‘affordably chic’ hotel option featuring innovative designs and services such as guest deejays in lounges, discounts for green motorists with hybrid and electric cars and gourmet quick-serve food and beverage options.
The Dream brand is positioned as a full-service, lifestyle brand for gateway cities and resort destinations. Innovative and locally popular food and beverage offerings will be one of the brand’s core tenets.
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chatwal ties with Wyndham for major hotel expansion in India - Mar 24, 2011
- Chatwal plans to open 52 hotels in India - Jan 09, 2012
- India's image in US is fantastic: Chatwal - Apr 03, 2011
- Bullish on India, Chatwal plans 100 hotels in 10 years (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Chatwal denies contact with PM, Akali Dal on n-deal trust vote - Mar 18, 2011
- I have no interest in Indian politics: Chatwal - Mar 31, 2011
- Lohan gatecrashes Vikram Chatwal's party ? - Sep 24, 2011
- LiLo cozies up to hotelier Vikram Chatwal - Apr 07, 2011
- NHRC awaits report on Chatwal from Kerala government - Feb 08, 2010
- BJP playing politics: Chatwal - Jan 27, 2010
- Obama not invited, but Indian American Chatwal makes it to Chelsea Clinton's wedding - Jul 31, 2010
- Games and holidays on, Himachal finally gets a tourist high - Oct 08, 2010
- Government defends Padma Bhushan to Chatwal (Lead) - Jan 27, 2010
- Rains threaten New Year bash in Kerala - Dec 31, 2011
- Beaches, babes, bikinis..here's India Resort Fashion Week (Curtain raiser) - Dec 06, 2011
Tags: arun kumar, brand portfolio, chief executive officer, development professionals, dream hotel, global distribution system, group president, hotel brands, hotel group, hotel in new york, jersey thursday, leisure markets, loyalty programme, management arm, meatpacking district, miami beach florida, parsippany new jersey, room art, sant singh, wyndham hotel