World record set for blue diamond at Swiss auctionMay 13th, 2009 - 4:33 am ICT by IANS
Geneva, May 13 (DPA) A rare blue diamond fetched a world record 9.3 million Swiss francs ($8.4 million) at an auction by Sotheby’s in Geneva Tuesday.
The cut and polished gem weighing 7.03 carats was sold by Cullinan Mine in South Africa to an as yet unknown telephone bidder, who will also pay a buyer’s premium.
The diamond was cut from an original blue diamond of 26.58 carats and was naturally coloured and internally flawless, Sotheby’s said.
- A unique diamond auction - Apr 21, 2009
- Yellow 'Sun-Drop' diamond auctioned for $12.36 million - Nov 16, 2011
- Sotheby's Auction Offers Rare Pink $38M Diamond - Oct 06, 2010
- Pink diamond sells for record 29 mn pounds - Nov 17, 2010
- Pink Diamond Auction Breaks World Record - Nov 17, 2010
- A Rare Blue Diamond Fetches a Record Price - May 14, 2009
- Rare pink diamond could fetch up to $38 million at auction - Oct 07, 2010
- Uncommon Pink Diamond Auctioned For An Unparalleled Price Of Just Above $46 Million - Nov 17, 2010
- Massive diamond unearthed from Lesotho mine - Sep 09, 2010
- Blue diamond fetches 4.2 mn pounds in auction - Apr 08, 2010
- Rare pink diamond sold for 29 million pounds - Nov 17, 2010
- Jewellery auction market shows signs of recovery - Apr 15, 2010
- Rare Golconda diamonds on sale at Christie's - Apr 02, 2011
- 507 Carat Cullinan Heritage Highest Priced Diamond - Feb 28, 2010
- Fancy Intense Pink Diamond Sold At Whooping $46 million - Nov 18, 2010