Workers in China city don’t want stingy bonus: SurveyJanuary 24th, 2011 - 5:04 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, Jan 24 (IANS) As many as two-thirds of workers in this city are not prepared to accept a stingy bonus in 2011, a survey has revealed.According to the survey by Shanghai Daily and Touchmedia, two-thirds of the respondents were less prepared to put up with stingy bonuses this year. The poll got in touch with 208,000 passengers in taxis in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou and Shenzhen.
Over half of respondents expected a year-end bonus. But 68.2 percent said they were unwilling to accept low bonuses since the cost of living has been increasing rapidly.
Some 18 percent were clear that they would resign immediately if their bonus was substantially below their expectations. Half of the respondents said they would bide their time but start looking for a new job.
Only 31.8 percent would put up with the job, reasoning that it was all the same whoever the employer was, Shanghai Daily reported.
While 60 percent of the workers hoped to receive money, vacations were the next most popular option. The least desirable was “some kind of expense card”.
- Chinese youth reluctant to wed before buying home - Jun 05, 2011
- Chinese jailed for not paying workers - Jan 15, 2012
- Ten most attractive Chinese cities for foreigners - May 03, 2012
- Shanghai residents most benevolent in China - Aug 21, 2010
- Chinese firm to give fat bonuses - Dec 23, 2011
- One in two Indians considering leaving their jobs - Aug 25, 2011
- Internet users don't like paid ads along with search results - Nov 16, 2011
- Jobseekers willing to accept pay cut to find jobs - Aug 09, 2012
- Shanghai faces labour crisis - Apr 26, 2012
- Domestic violence hits productivity at workplace - Dec 08, 2011
- Beijing, Shanghai costly cities for expats - Jul 16, 2011
- Salary, bonus to rise at slower pace: Survey - Nov 10, 2011
- Labour in Communist China suffer exploitation - Dec 15, 2011
- 80 percent British women don't report rape: Survey - Mar 12, 2012
- Shanghai buses to have Wi-Fi - Jul 10, 2012