Worker dies in poisonous gas-leak in Uttar Pradesh

October 3rd, 2008 - 10:55 pm ICT by IANS  

Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh), Oct 3(IANS) A worker at a medicine manufacturing plant died in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad district, adjoining the national capital Delhi, following leak of a poisonous gas, the police said Friday.The incident took place at Sahibabad, Delhi’s suburban ownship. Two workers fell unconscious Wednesday night when the poisonous gas leaked at Meditech Industries.

Inder Yadav died at Yashoda Hospital in Ghaziabad.

An enquiry has been ordered by District Magistrate Deepak Agarwal.

Company’s chemist Vijay Maitrey and supervisor Nagendra Shukla have been arrested.

The plant, where Nimesulide and paracetamol were manufactured, has been shut down.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Business |