Women’s reserved coach in Delhi Metro from SaturdayOctober 1st, 2010 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) The fervent wish of every woman commuter of Delhi Metro will be realised come Saturday, beginning when the first coach in all Delhi Metro trains will be reserved for ladies, a Metro official said.
“The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has decided to reserve the first coach of every train exclusively for ladies from tomorrow (Saturday). So women can now expect a comfortable ride on the Metro trains,” the official said.
He also said that it was a long-pending demand as a quarter of the total passengers travelling on the Delhi Metro comprise women passengers.
The reserved ladies’ coach will be the first after the driver’s cab in every train. Children up to 12 years, accompanied by women passengers, will also be allowed to travel in the reserved coach.
“The space in the platform from where commuters will get into the the first coach have been marked as ‘Women’s only’. This will make it easy for the men to avoid this coach,” the official added.
Delhi Metro is the second Metro in the world to reserve special coaches for women after Dubai.
- Reserved coach for women in Delhi Metro - Oct 02, 2010
- Delhi Metro to reserve coach for women from Oct 2 - Sep 26, 2010
- Metro collects over Rs.70,000 in fines from men in women's coaches - Feb 25, 2012
- Metro is proud symbol of India's growth: Pratibha Patil - Jul 08, 2012
- Delhi Metro collects Rs.11 lakh in fines - Oct 04, 2011
- Thumbs up for Metro's ladies coach - Oct 03, 2010
- Men in Delhi Metro ladies coach cough up Rs.500,000 fine - May 04, 2011
- Men riding Delhi Metro women's coaches thrashed - Nov 26, 2010
- Commuter indiscipline swells Delhi Metro coffers - Aug 26, 2011
- Delhi Metro to induct eight coach trains in two years - Aug 08, 2011
- Delhi Metro makes way for women power - Oct 02, 2010
- Efforts on to start Metro's Airport Express Line before Games - Sep 28, 2010
- Delhi Metro to add 800 lifts and escalators - Jan 06, 2012
- Woman gives birth to girl on Metro train (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Record ridership in Delhi Metro on Raskha Bandhan - Aug 13, 2011