Wipro unveils virtual centre for testing servicesMay 28th, 2009 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, May 28 (IANS) Global software major Wipro Technologies has set up a virtual innovation centre for testing services on Second Life, the popular virtual world, the IT bellwether said Thursday.
“The innovation centre, a replica of the original lab at our campus in the electronics city will provide a one-stop virtual view of our Internet Protocol (IP)-powered solutions,” the company said in a statement.
Second Life is a free three-dimensional virtual world where users can socialise, connect and create using voice and text chat.
Wipro’s solutions include consultancy, test lifecycle accelerators, certification for wireless fidelity and mobile handsets, test design solutions in banking, securities and point of sale, performance engineering and telecom testing.
According to Wipro vice-president for testing services C.P. Gangadharaiah, the centre will showcase innovative and IP solutions to customers and partners located across the globe besides providing a virtual tour of the testing labs.
“In a competitive world, it is essential to differentiate ourselves with our customers and partners using innovative resources. With this virtual centre, we hope to create an environment that has technology and testing transformational value,” Gangadharaiah said.
The centre aims at incubating testing solution IPs, which ensure 40-50 percent cost and capital investments reduction for clients.
It also helps improve and optimise test processes and accelerate application release into the market with an estimated 35 percent effort savings across testing lifecycle.
- Infosys to focus on product innovation, double hiring - Mar 15, 2012
- Wipro recognised as first Bluetooth test facility in India - Aug 11, 2010
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- HCL to provide IT services to Etisalat customers - May 09, 2011
- Wipro wins Microsoft country partner award - Jun 28, 2010
- Wipro leading IT service provider in Saudi Arabia - Dec 05, 2011
- Wipro ranked as leader among testing services providers - Sep 22, 2010
- Ex-Wipro executive Paranjpe to head US energy firm - May 26, 2011
- Wipro Infocrossing to set up new data centre in US - Nov 17, 2010
- Kerala gets first product testing and certification centre - Aug 20, 2012
- Australian mining firm picks Wipro for IT solution - Jun 15, 2012
- Infosys to hire 2,000 people in US by end 2012 - Jul 24, 2012
- 3M unveils Rs.100 crore research centre in Bangalore - Sep 23, 2011
- TCS expands US presence, opens new facility in California - Jan 31, 2012
- CA, Mahindra set up joint research centre - Apr 24, 2012
Tags: capital investments, competitive world, electronics city, global software, innovation centre, innovative resources, internet protocol ip, ip solutions, mobile handsets, performance engineering, second life, test design, test lifecycle, test processes, testing labs, testing solution, virtual centre, virtual view, wipro technologies, wireless fidelity