Wipro Technologies expands Chennai operationsMarch 31st, 2008 - 10:38 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, March 31 (IANS) Software services major Wipro Technologies is expanding its presence here by setting up an 80-acre facility in the Sholinganallur-Elcot special economic zone (SEZ). According to Sudip Banerjee, president, enterprise solutions of Wipro, “In order to sustain our growth, we need to expand our presence in the key IT hubs in the country. We have been present in Chennai for about eight years and have already spread to multiple locations in the city.”
Wipro, through Chennai centres, caters to clients belonging to telecom, banking, manufacturing, retail, travel, media, technology and transportation sectors.
The Sholinganallur-Elcot SEZ, being set up to accommodate 35,000 seats, is already operational and currently seats around 2,500 employees.
The company has also made investments in a 90-acre facility in Mahindra City SEZ near Chennai to meet its business needs over the next five years.
However, Wipro is silent on the amount invested in its new centres.
- Honeywell Technology allotted land in Madurai SEZ - Dec 24, 2010
- Tamil Nadu's three new SEZs eye Rs.3,400 crore investments - Feb 19, 2011
- Wipro to expand Kolkata project - Aug 27, 2012
- We can't change our anti-SEZ stand: Mamata - Apr 27, 2012
- Wipro's first rural BPO centre comes up in Tamil Nadu - Aug 26, 2011
- Italian firm Sogefi to expand capacity in India - Jul 06, 2012
- Karnataka gets Rs.4.3 bn investments in aerospace sector - Feb 13, 2011
- Pact for Mahindra World City at Dholera in Gujarat - Jan 12, 2011
- British firm expanding back office unit in Karnataka town - Jul 27, 2010
- Infotech launches Vizag facility - Jun 29, 2010
- Mamata rules out SEZ for Infosys - Feb 27, 2012
- Tata Realty targets Rs.30,000 crore projects by 2015 - Aug 05, 2010
- Karnataka to have aerospace policy to woo investments - Aug 24, 2012
- Wipro leading IT service provider in Saudi Arabia - Dec 05, 2011
- Bangalore to get India's first IT investment region - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: acre facility, enterprise solutions, hubs, investments, mahindra city, media technology, next five years, presence, retail travel, software services, special economic zone, telecom, transportation sectors, travel media, wipro technologies