Wipro says it’s unaffected by client GM’s bankruptcyJune 3rd, 2009 - 2:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 3 (IANS) Software giant Wipro’s revenues will not be affected because of the bankruptcy of Detroit-based customer General Motors Corp, the Indian IT bellwether said in a regulatory filing Wednesday.
“General Motors accounts for less than 1 percent of Wipro’s IT services segment revenue, and our assessment is that a substantial portion is expected to continue,” the company statement read.
“Our accounts receivable as on the date of filing is under $8 million. Based on our current assessment, we do not expect significant adverse impact on account of this development,” it added.
General Motors had filed for bankruptcy Monday, becoming the largest-ever US manufacturer to enter the court process and marking the latest dark chapter for the struggling US auto industry.
Wipro posted a net profit of Rs.38.99 billion (Rs.3,899 crore) for fiscal 2008-09, registering a 19 percent year-on-year growth.
- Wipro net profit for fiscal 2009 up 19 percent - Apr 22, 2009
- Wipro net profit up 10 percent in third quarter - Jan 20, 2012
- Wipro net up 18 percent in first quarter - Jul 24, 2012
- Wipro net up 10 percent in third quarter - Jan 21, 2011
- Infosys ups annual guidance again on double digit growth - Jan 13, 2011
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Wipro net flat in second quarter - Oct 31, 2011
- Wipro projects higher IT revenue for fourth quarter - Jan 21, 2011
- Infosys gives double-digit guidance for this quarter, fiscal - Apr 15, 2011
- Wipro projects higher IT revenue on strong growth (Lead) - Apr 23, 2010
- Infosys projects 21 percent revenue growth - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys annual guidance up again on double digit growth (Lead, Reissuing correcting figure in para one) - Jan 13, 2011
- Wipro net up 31 percent, ups IT revenue guidance (Lead) - Jul 23, 2010
- Infosys ups fiscal guidance on robust growth - Jan 12, 2012