Wipro recognised as first Bluetooth test facility in IndiaAugust 11th, 2010 - 12:14 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Aug 10 (IANS) Global software major Wipro Technologies has been recognised as India’s first Bluetooth qualification test facility by the Bluetooth trade association, the IT bellwether said late Tuesday.
Bluetooth is an open wireless technology standard for exchanging data over short distances (using short length radio waves) from fixed and mobile devices, creating personal area networks (PANs) with high levels of security.
The recognition makes Wipro competent to perform Bluetooth qualification conformance or compliance tests, the company said in a statement here.
“We will test products submitted by members of the Bluetooth special interest group at our test lab in the electronics city campus. The tests will also include Bluetooth protocol conformance,” said Wipro vice-president C.P. Gangadharaiah.
Bluetooth qualification is the certification process required for any product using Bluetooth wireless technology and a pre-condition of the intellectual property (IP) license for Bluetooth technology.
“India is known for its strong software expert pool. Many profiles and protocol stacks of Bluetooth-enabled products were developed in India. This market is influential in the Bluetooth original equipment manufacturer (OEM) automotive market and in the Bluetooth mobile advertising,” Bluetooth chief technology officer Andy Glass said in the statement.
Bluetooth technology has expanded beyond headset and mobile phone applications to high-growth market segments, including health and fitness and gaming.
“Gaming is the second largest application in terms of Bluetooth shipments. About 1,000 new Bluetooth enabled product designs were evolved and over 3,000 Bluetooth enabled products were tested and qualified in 2009,” Glass added.
- Bluetooth offers round-the-clock health monitoring - Mar 11, 2012
- Wipro unveils slimmest ultrabook for Indian market - Feb 21, 2012
- Wipro unveils virtual centre for testing services - May 28, 2009
- Wipro unveils new application for remote healthcare - Nov 21, 2009
- Wipro ranked as leader among testing services providers - Sep 22, 2010
- Wipro ties up for aerospace component unit - May 25, 2011
- Wipro partners with Oracle to offer analytics solutions - Sep 03, 2010
- Wipro unveils cloud solution for HR processes - Jan 23, 2012
- Wipro joins Google's cloud platform - Aug 27, 2012
- 141 mn people to use mobiles for payments: Gartner - Jul 21, 2011
- Hackers could make your car unsafe, McAfee warns - Sep 09, 2011
- IT product firm Ittiam posts $20 million revenue - Mar 21, 2012
- Bangalore IT trade fair to focus on innovation - Oct 04, 2011
- Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - Jun 25, 2012
- Wipro bags customer excellence award - Nov 29, 2011
Tags: andy glass, bluetooth qualification, bluetooth special interest group, chief technology officer, compliance tests, electronics city, expert pool, india bangalore, market segments, original equipment manufacturer, personal area networks, phone applications, protocol conformance, protocol stacks, radio waves, software expert, special interest group, strong software, technology india, wipro technologies