Wipro net profit up 15 percent in fourth quarterApril 22nd, 2009 - 11:48 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 22 (IANS) Wipro Ltd posted a net profit of Rs.10.1 billion (Rs.1,010 crore) for the fourth quarter (January-March) of fiscal 2008-09, registering 15 percent year-on-year (YoY) growth under the Indian accounting standard.
In a regulatory filing, the IT bellwether said Wednesday its consolidated revenues for the quarter under review (Q4) of FY 2009 rose to Rs.64.52 billion (Rs.6,452 crore), posting YoY growth of 13 percent under the Indian accounting standard.
Under the US accounting standard, net income for Q4 was $178 million and revenue $1.3 billion.
Revenue from global IT services for the quarter is $1.05 billion, a marginal increase of 1.4 percent YoY but a decline of 4.9 percent sequentially from the previous or third quarter (October-December) of $1.10 billion.
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys profits from weak rupee, lowers dollar guidance (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Wipro net up for quarter, fiscal; sees flat IT growth (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Infosys net up 10 percent in second quarter - Oct 12, 2011
- Infosys net up 33 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys net up 27 percent in fourth quarter - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys ups fiscal guidance on robust growth - Jan 12, 2012
- Wipro net up eight percent in fourth quarter - Apr 25, 2012
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Infosys beats guidance, revises outlook again - Oct 12, 2011
- Wipro's IT outlook remains flat on marginal growth (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Wipro net profit up 10 percent in third quarter - Jan 20, 2012
- Wipro resisted meltdown last fiscal but yields in new fiscal (Lead) - Apr 22, 2009
- Infosys projects 21 percent revenue growth - Apr 13, 2012