Wipro net profit for fiscal 2009 up 19 percentApril 22nd, 2009 - 12:20 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 22 (IANS) Wipro Ltd posted a net profit of Rs.38.99 billion (Rs.3,899 crore) for fiscal 2008-09, registering 19 percent year-on-year (YoY) growth under the Indian accounting standard.
In a regulatory filing to the stock exchanges, the IT bellwether said Wednesday its consolidated revenue for the fiscal under review (FY 2009) was Rs.255.44 billion (Rs.25,544 crore), posting 28 percent YoY growth under the Indian accounting standard.
Under the US accounting standard, the net income was $677 million and consolidated revenue $5 billion.
Revenue from global IT services was $4.3 billion, up by 18.5 percent YoY under the US accounting standard and Rs.191.7 billion (Rs.19,166 crore) under the Indian accounting standard, up by 31 percent YoY.
- Wipro resisted meltdown last fiscal but yields in new fiscal (Lead) - Apr 22, 2009
- Infosys projects 21 percent revenue growth - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys ups fiscal guidance on robust growth - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys net profit up 9.7 percent in fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 15, 2011
- Infosys lowers guidance in dollar earnings - Jul 12, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Wipro net up 18 percent in first quarter - Jul 24, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Infosys beats guidance, revises outlook again - Oct 12, 2011
- Infosys net up 10 percent in second quarter - Oct 12, 2011
- Wipro net profit up 10 percent in third quarter - Jan 20, 2012
- Infosys bets on double-digit growth again; beats guidance (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- Infosys gives double-digit guidance for this quarter, fiscal - Apr 15, 2011
- Wipro net up 15 percent for fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 27, 2011