Wipro lowers IT revenue guidance for first quarterApril 22nd, 2009 - 12:59 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 22 (IANS) Wipro Ltd has projected $1 billion revenue from its global IT services business for the first quarter (April-June) of this fiscal (2009-10), which is lower than the $1.05 billion in the fourth quarter (January-March) of last fiscal 2008-09.
In a regulatory filing to stock exchanges, the IT bellwether said Wednesday the market conditions continued to pose challenges due to the impact of global recession and financial meltdown in the US, which accounts for about 60 percent of its total IT services revenue.
“Looking ahead in these tough times, we expect revenues from IT services business to be in the range of $1-1.03 billion in the first quarter (Q1) of this fiscal (FY 2010), Wipro chief financial officer Suresh Senapthy said here.
Unlike its rival IT bellwether Infosys Technologies, Wipro does not give revenue guidance for the entire fiscal nor for its other non-IT services businesses.
- Wipro projects flat IT growth in second quarter - Jul 24, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Wipro projects flat IT revenue for first quarter - Apr 25, 2012
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Wipro projects flat revenue from IT in first quarter - Apr 27, 2011
- Wipro projects $1.2 billion IT revenue in first quarter - Apr 23, 2010
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Wipro projects marginal growth in second quarter - Jul 20, 2011
- Wipro ups guidance for IT revenue in second quarter - Jul 23, 2010
- Infosys projects 21 percent revenue growth - Apr 13, 2012
- Wipro projects higher IT revenue on strong growth (Lead) - Apr 23, 2010
- Wipro sees higher IT revenue in Q3 on strong growth - Oct 22, 2010
- Wipro net up for quarter, fiscal; sees flat IT growth (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Wipro net up 18 percent in first quarter - Jul 24, 2012
- Infosys ups revenue guidance marginally for this fiscal - Jul 12, 2011