Wipro bags outsourcing contract from Unitech WirelessMay 6th, 2009 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, May 6 (IANS) Wipro Technologies has bagged an outsourcing contract for an undisclosed amount from telecom company Unitech Wireless, the IT firm said Wednesday.
Unitech Wireless, which received licence last year to operate in 22 telecom circles in the country, is yet to launch its services.
“We are launching a greenfield telecom operation and want to create a strong customer proposition for our services based on cutting-edge technology and business processes aligned with IT,” Rohit Chandra, chief operating officer of Wipro, said.
Added Suresh Vaswani, joint chief executive officer (IT business) of Wipro: “We are excited to partner with Unitech and Telenor to help build Unitech Wireless which promises to be one of the leading telecom service providers in the years to come.”
According to the contract, Wipro will deploy component-based service delivery platform for Unitech to deliver wide range of services including multi channel access, real time information delivery, multimedia content and value-added services.
Wipro will work with Unitech right from the launch and will be responsible for the company’s service infrastructure.
- Telenor asks Sanjay Chandra to step down as Unitech Wireless chief - Apr 20, 2011
- Curbs on Uninor sale: Court notice to Unitech - Aug 21, 2012
- Telenor in talks with domestic firms to continue India service - Apr 20, 2012
- Telenor, Unitech move Company Law Board to protect interests (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Uninor eyes 8 percent market share by 2018 - Jun 01, 2010
- Company Law Board stays Uninor's proposed asset auction - Aug 03, 2012
- Alcatel bags $150 mn contract from Unitech Wireless - May 15, 2009
- Telcordia bags five-year deal from Unitech Wireless - Jun 29, 2009
- Unitech Wireless secures Rs.5,000 crore loan from SBI - Aug 18, 2009
- Telenor given green signal to up stake in Unitech (Lead) - Oct 19, 2009
- Income tax department attaches Unitech shares in Uninor - Mar 28, 2012
- Unitech moves company law board against Telenor - Oct 11, 2011
- Telenor plans Rs.2,000 crore investment in India - Apr 21, 2012
- Unitech opposes Uninor's proposed rights issue - Jul 25, 2012
- Wipro secures major IT services contract with Electricity North West Limited - Oct 30, 2010
Tags: bangalore, business processes, chandra, chief executive officer, chief operating officer, cutting edge technology, greenfield, information delivery, launch, multimedia content, real time, service delivery platform, service infrastructure, telecom circles, telecom company, telecom service providers, telenor, unitech, value added services, wipro technologies