Wife of Infosys employee found murdered in BangaloreAugust 10th, 2010 - 9:26 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Aug 10 (IANS) The 25-year-old wife of an Infosys Technologies Ltd employee was found dead in her flat early Tuesday, with her throat slit and her hands and legs tied, police said.
Priyanka Gupta was working as a teacher in Delhi Public School in the southern suburb of this tech hub, while her husband, Satish Kumar Gupta, 32, is a senior manager in the IT bellwether’s human resource department.
The couple belong to Lucknow and were married four years ago.
“We have registered a case of murder against unidentified assailants under section 302 and 34 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC),” city Joint Police Commissioner (crime) Alok Kumar told reporters here.
In a written complaint, Gupta told the police that his gold, jewellery and some other valuables worth Rs.2.5 lakh were missing from the house though a gold chain around Priyanka’s neck and a gold ring on her finger were intact on her body.
“We are trying to ascertain how the murder took place as Gupta claimed that he was not present at home at the time of crime and was shocked to find her blood-soaked body with throat slit.
“Gupta said when he went for a morning walk around 5.40 a.m. as on any other day, his wife called him on his mobile to check if he had asked anyone to supply newspapers, as two unidentified persons were standing at the door telling he had sent them to the house and to open the door.
“I told her that I did not send anyone and that she should not open the door but carry on with her yoga session. When I returned around 6.40 a.m. I found the door locked and there was no response to the door bell or her mobile. I thought she would have gone back to sleep. Then I went to office to bring the duplicate keys from the locker and was shocked to find her dead on entering the house,” Gupta said in a statement.
Police rushed to the spot with forensic experts for fingerprints and a dog squad to trail the assailants’ movements.
“We are not clear why Gupta didn’t inform the police immediately or inquired from neighbours about the crime. How could the main door have remain locked and her throat slit? How and from where did the assailants enter the house? We are investigating the case from all angles to solve the mystery,” Kumar said.
The company, however, declined to comment as it was a police case and under investigation.
- Infosys employee held for wife's murder - Aug 14, 2010
- Infosys employee confesses to wife's murder - Aug 14, 2010
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer, act premediated: Police (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Woman murdered in north Delhi - Oct 16, 2011
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Woman murdered in Gurgaon home - Dec 03, 2010
- Woman, three grand children slaughtered in Rajasthan - Apr 16, 2012
- Lawyer murder: Watchman sent to police custody - Aug 11, 2012
- Husband murders wife, daughters, kills self in Gurgaon - Apr 20, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Doctor robbed of car, cash in Greater Noida - Jan 06, 2012
- Two held for murder in Delhi - Oct 21, 2011
- Woman scribe arrested for Dey killing (Night Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012
- Four murdered in Kolkata house - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: bellwether, delhi public school, duplicate keys, early tuesday, forensic experts, gold chain, gold jewellery, gupta, human resource department, indian penal code, infosys technologies ltd, old wife, priyanka, ring on her finger, southern suburb, throat slit, unidentified assailants, unidentified persons, worth rs, yoga session