Widow of Brit Muslim teacher says he was killed because he converted to ChristianityApril 16th, 2008 - 6:00 pm ICT by admin
London, Apr.16 (ANI): The widow of a British Muslim teacher killed in Somalia has said radical Muslims finished him off because he had converted to Christianity.
Daud Hassan Ali, 64, was shot in the early hours of Monday outside a school his charity had just finished building. A British colleague, Rehana Ahmed, 33, and two Kenyan teachers were also killed in the attack on Hiran English School, in Beled-Weyne, central Somalia, about 190 miles north-west of the capital, Mogadishu. All four were reportedly shot in the head.
The Islamist al-Shabab Movement, the armed youth-wing of the Council of Islamic Courts movement, has admitted attacking the town, but it has not accepted responsibility for the killings.
The Scotsman quoted Ali’s widow, Margaret, 64, as saying that Islamists believe it is OK to kill any man who was born into Islam and had left the faith.
She said her husband knew it was a risk going back to Somalia as a Christian, but said he was there to teach, not convert others to his faith. (ANI)
- Al Qaeda linked Islamist group executes two teenage girls in Somalia - Oct 29, 2010
- Al Qaeda linked Islamist group executes two teenage girls in Somalia by firing squad - Oct 29, 2010
- Somalia car bomb kills 10 at a cafe - Feb 09, 2012
- French hostage in Somalia alive: Minister - Jul 14, 2012
- Barbaric Somalia Islamists publicly behead 7 for spying - Jul 11, 2009
- Al-Qaeda linked group claims Mogadishu suicide blasts - Sep 10, 2010
- Briton charged with planning Kenya bombings - May 10, 2012
- Al-Qaeda video aims at child recruits - Apr 17, 2010
- Terror leader offers camels to capture Obama, chickens for Hillary - Jun 10, 2012
- Pak, Afghan militants taking control of Somalia's radical Al-Shabab movement - Jun 09, 2010
- Al Qaeda-linked group bans English in Somali schools - Sep 10, 2011
- Somali Jihadis launch online news channel to promote terrorist propaganda - Jul 31, 2010
- Al-Shabaab militants withdraw from Somali capital - Aug 07, 2011
- 10 politicians among 42 dead in Somalia clashes (Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
- Politicians among 60 dead in Somalia clashes (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
Tags: ahmed, al shabab, capital mogadishu, central somalia, charity, christianity, colleague, daud, faith, hassan ali, islam, islamic courts, islamist, killings, london, muslim teacher, muslims, risk, scotsman