White paper on black money likely in budget sessionMarch 13th, 2012 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) The government is likely to bring in the budget session a white paper on black money stashed abroad, Minister of State for Finance S.S. Palanimanickam said Tuesday.
“The white paper is likely to be brought during the budget session,” Palanimanickam said in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha.
He said the government has commissioned a study to access the quantum of black money stashed abroad. “The study is expected to be completed by September 2012,” he said.
The study is being conducted separately by three government-run institutes - National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, National Institute of Financial Management and National Council for Applied Economic Research.
- White paper on black money tabled in Lok Sabha - May 21, 2012
- White paper gives no estimate of black money abroad (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- India commissions study on black money - May 29, 2011
- White paper on black money issue: Pranab - Dec 14, 2011
- White paper on black money, promises government (Roundup) - Dec 14, 2011
- Black money: India, Switzerland to share bank details - Mar 08, 2011
- Government to bring white paper on black money: Pranab (Lead) - Dec 14, 2011
- Tax law change may yield Rs.40,000 crore: Government - Apr 24, 2012
- Report on ways to curb black money in six months - Aug 05, 2011
- India, Switzerland to amend tax agreement soon - Aug 23, 2011
- Government not serious about black money: CPI-M - May 22, 2012
- Expected PM to act on black money: Advani - Oct 12, 2011
- India will ensure return of black money from overseas: PM - Mar 05, 2010
- Black money issue to be raised in parliament: Rajnath Singh - Feb 23, 2012
- Over Rs.786.27 crore of black money seized in 2009-10 - Aug 17, 2010