Wheat arrivals cross 1 lakh tonnes in HaryanaApril 5th, 2010 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 5 (IANS) Nearly 104,000 tonnes of wheat have arrived in grain markets in Haryana in the first four days of the procurement season that began April 1.
A Haryana food and supplies department spokesman said out of the total arrival of wheat stocks, 103,850 tonnes had been procured by five state agencies and the Food Corporation of India.
Private traders had picked up only five tonnes.
In neighbouring Punjab, officials said only a few thousand tonnes had arrived in the market so far, although the procurement began on the same date.
Punjab and Haryana together contribute more than 60 per cent of food grain to the national kitty.
A bumper harvest has been forecast this year despite the warm temperature prevailing over the region in March-April.
Both states had procured over 180 million tonnes of wheat last year.
- Wheat arrivals remain low in Punjab markets - Apr 13, 2011
- Where to stock bumper harvest? Punjab, Haryana in quandary - May 17, 2012
- Wheat arrival low in Punjab, Haryana markets - Apr 11, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana head for bumper wheat crop - May 11, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana procure record 200 lakh tonnes of wheat - May 11, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana make it a wheat bumper crop season - May 17, 2011
- 100 lakh tonnes of wheat procured in Punjab, Haryana - Apr 26, 2011
- Punjab procures nearly 103 lakh tonnes wheat - May 09, 2011
- Punjab wheat procurement crosses 100 lakh tonnes - May 04, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana paddy procurement begins Saturday - Sep 30, 2011
- Wheat procurement in Punjab, Haryana crosses 90 lakh tonnes - Apr 25, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana procure over 150 lakh tonnes wheat - May 01, 2012
- Nearly 58 lakh tonnes wheat arrives in Haryana grain markets - Apr 27, 2012
- Early summer heat will hit wheat yield - May 04, 2010
- Punjab, Haryana near 150 lakh tonne wheat procurement-mark - May 02, 2011
Tags: april 1, bumper harvest, chandigarh, department spokesman, food corporation of india, food grain, grain markets, haryana, kitty, private traders, procurement, punjab officials, tonnes, warm temperature, wheat stocks