Western India hot destination for corporate investmentJune 14th, 2009 - 2:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 14 (IANS) Western India remained the most favoured investment destination for corporates in 2008-09, according to an industry lobby report.
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Assocham) said in its report, “Investment Prospects in Indian Economy in 2008-09″, that the western region comprising Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa and Daman and Diu attracted planned investments worth Rs.305,057 crore last year.
The southern region came second with investments worth Rs.229,740 crore, while the share of north stood at Rs.215,315 crore, the report said.
The eastern region attracted Rs.168,023 crore in planned investments last year, while the central and northeastern regions’ share stood at Rs.95,012 crore and Rs.30,145 crore respectively, Assocham secretary general D.S. Rawat said.
In the western region, Gujarat notched the top position with industrial proposals worth Rs.207,660 crore. It was followed by Maharashtra (Rs.96,051 crore), Union Territory of Daman and Diu (Rs.1,000 crore) and Goa (Rs.345 crore).
“Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa and Daman and Diu have introduced investor friendly policies; they enjoy apt geographical location with good connectivity both nationally and internationally attracting investors,” Rawat said in the report.
- Karnataka lags behind in attracting FDI: Assocham - Aug 28, 2012
- Don't delay infrastructure, Pranab tells western states - Sep 17, 2011
- Investors apprehensive of Bengal's policies: Assocham - Aug 22, 2012
- Karnataka India's second preferred investment destination: Assocham - Jun 16, 2011
- Karnataka India's second preferred investment destination: Assocham (Lead, correcting name in para one) - Jun 16, 2011
- Jaypee Group to invest Rs.33,000 crore in Gujarat - Jan 15, 2011
- Only 35 percent of investments in Karnataka took off: Assocham - Aug 08, 2010
- West coast states discuss security, drug trafficking - Jul 03, 2012
- Gujarat wants Asiatic lion to roar - Mar 06, 2010
- Rajasthan attracts highest investment in north India - May 27, 2009
- NTPC commissions 660 MW supercritical unit in Chhattisgarh - Jun 28, 2011
- Senior home ministry official booked for fraud - Apr 28, 2010
- Pranab ask states, banks to extend banking access to all (Lead) - Jun 28, 2010
- New projects under implementation see 10 percent rise - Sep 22, 2010
- Bengal emerging as new investment destination: Pranab - Apr 01, 2012
Tags: assocham, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, corporate investment, corporates, daman and diu, geographical location, goa, gujarat, indian economy, investment destination, investment prospects, maharashtra rs, New Delhi, northeastern regions, rawat, rs 1, secretary general, union territory of daman and diu, western india