West Bengal planning new renewable energy policyApril 12th, 2012 - 6:29 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 12 (IANS) The West Bengal government is mulling a new policy on renewable energy, an official said Thursday.
“We are planning to bring in a policy on renewable energy. It will be a policy on co-generation and generation of electricity by using renewable energy sources,” said M.K. De, principal secretary, department of power and non-conventional energy resources.
“But right now, we cannot discuss the details as the government has not yet launched the policy,” he added.
Co-generation denotes production of that energy which evolves as a by-product in production units.
De said the government was also considering generation of solar power by using the rooftops of buildings.
“We are one of the first states in India where a concept of solar rooftops is being used. Under this system, a small plant is installed on the rooftops of households and commercial establishments. And the power generated from that plant would meet the power needs of that building,” he said.
De also said the government is also giving a thought to the concept of grid-connected solar plants.
“We are also thinking about the grid-connected large solar plants, but we have to always think about the consumer interest also. Consumer should not be asked to pay more.”
- Abound Solar, Solarsis commission plant in Andhra - Jan 16, 2012
- India's solar power mission on schedule - Mar 15, 2011
- Pakistan seeks India's expertise in renewable energy - Aug 28, 2012
- Solar mission to reduce cost of solar power: Ministry - Aug 18, 2010
- Rooftop solar energy policy in Delhi soon: Dikshit - May 19, 2011
- India's solar mission visionary: Australian report - Jun 26, 2011
- BHEL to set up 5MW solar power plant in Karnataka - Jun 18, 2011
- Delhiites can soon sell solar power to distribution companies(June 5 is World Environment Day) - Jun 05, 2011
- Tamil Nadu's new solar energy policy to add 3,000 MW - Mar 12, 2012
- ADB to give 150 million dollars as credit to scale up India's solar power sector - Apr 19, 2011
- Chile envisions integrated Latin American power grid - Jan 14, 2012
- Indian, Israeli experts tap sun for hybrid power plants - Feb 14, 2012
- 'Inability to handle peak-time power loads hit us hard' - Jul 31, 2012
- India sparks solar energy market: Report - Apr 26, 2012
- India to produce 20,000 MW of solar power by 2022 - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,