Weaker rupee forces Infosys to revise fiscal guidanceOctober 10th, 2008 - 12:20 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Oct 10 (IANS) A depreciation of around nine percent of the Indian rupee during the second quarter (July-September) has forced Infosys Technologies Ltd to revise its revenue guidance for this fiscal (2008-09) upwards under the Indian accounting system and downwards under the new international financial reporting stadndards (IFRS).In a notification to the stock exchanges here Friday, the IT bellwether said consolidated income for the entire fiscal (FY 2009) would be in the range of Rs.213-217 billion, projecting 29-30 percent year-on-year (YoY) growth under the Indian accounting system as against Rs.213-216 billion (28 percent YoY) estimated in the previous quarter with the US dollar at Rs.43.04.
Under the IFRS, guidance for consolidated income has been lowered to $4.72-4.81 billion for FY 2009, with the US dollar at Rs.46.97 from $4.97-5.05 billion, as estimated at the beginning of the second quarter (July-September). The projected YoY growth is 13-15 percent under the revised guidance as against 19-21 percent estimated earlier.
Similarly, for the third quarter (October-December) of FY 2009, consolidated income is expected to be in the range of Rs.55-57 billion, projecting 29-34 percent YoY growth under the Indian accounting system.
Under IFRS, consolidated revenue for Q3 is projected to be $1.2 billion, a growth of 8-12 percent YoY.
- Infosys ups revenue guidance marginally for this fiscal - Jul 12, 2011
- Infosys ups fiscal guidance on robust growth - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys projects 21 percent revenue growth - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys beats guidance, revises outlook again - Oct 12, 2011
- Infosys profits from weak rupee, lowers dollar guidance (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys bets on double-digit growth again; beats guidance (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys ups guidance for fiscal 2011 on strong growth - Oct 15, 2010
- Infosys gives double-digit guidance for this quarter, fiscal - Apr 15, 2011
- Infosys beats guidance but stock dips on muted earnings - Jul 12, 2011
- Infosys ups revenue guidance for this fiscal - Jul 13, 2010
- infosys revenue guidance dips on negative growth (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012