We want Kerala to be part of US-India trade: US envoySeptember 12th, 2012 - 9:00 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Sep 12 (IANS) US ambassador to India Nancy Powell Wednesday told the ‘Emerging Kerala-2012 Investor Meet’ here that the US wants Kerala to be part of the growth of US-India trade.
The event was inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh earlier Wednesday.
“We want this growth to be inclusive. We want all companies, regardless of size, to be able to participate in this growth. We have developed a strategy to increase trade between US companies and Kerala. We believe this strategy will be effective for Indian and American small, medium and large sized companies,” said Powell in her address to the meet.
“I believe in the near term, these steps will enhance company to company interaction and actual trade between the United States and Kerala. We aim to ensure that companies throughout Kerala are able to find relevant business partners in the US,” added Powell.
US-India bilateral trade in goods and services has increased almost five-fold in the last decade, from $18 billion in 2001 to nearly $90 billion in 2011, and may go up to $100 billion this year.
Powell inaugurated the second American Business Corner (ABC) in Kochi Tuesday. The first Kerala ABC opened in the state capital Thiruvananthapuram early this week.
She is joined by more than two dozen American companies attending the Emerging Kerala meet to explore commercial opportunities in Kerala through the Experience America Pavilion.
- Two ABCs to help Kerala do business with US - Sep 09, 2012
- 21 countries register for Kerala investment meet: Chandy - Jul 31, 2012
- US committed to help Tamil Nadu, says Powell - May 21, 2012
- Japan keen to partner in infra and other sectors in Kerala - Sep 13, 2012
- India, US launch SME forum to create jobs - Sep 22, 2010
- Corporate America seeks a bold India budget - Mar 14, 2012
- US for growing trade with India in food products - Mar 13, 2012
- Anil Ambani seeks more US business in India - Apr 01, 2011
- US welcomes economic reforms in India: Envoy - Sep 17, 2012
- 'India-US trade at $100 bn in three years' - May 10, 2011
- UK natural choice to be Kerala's partner: Envoy - Sep 12, 2012
- MasterCard's Ajay Banga to head USIBC - Apr 16, 2012
- New interview-less US visa process for some categories - Jun 29, 2012
- 25-member British team at Kerala investors' meet - Sep 05, 2012
- Blue chip British companies at Kerala investor's meet - Sep 11, 2012
Tags: abc, ambassador, american business, bilateral trade, business corner, business partners, commercial opportunities, company interaction, experience america, india trade, investor, last decade, manmohan, manmohan singh, nancy powell, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, relevant business