WBIDC to hand over land to ITC for production baseSeptember 14th, 2010 - 7:32 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 14 (IANS) The West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation (WBIDC) would hand over 18 acres later this month to the cigarettes-to-hotel conglomerate ITC to set up an integrated food factory in the state.
“We will hand over 18 acres to ITC on September 25. The cost of land per acre was in tune of Rs.20 lakh,” Subrata Gupta, managing director, WBIDC, told reporters on the sidelines of a seminar organised by Ficci.
During the annual general meeting of ITC in July, chairman Y.C. Deveshwar told reporters that the company had not been able to get land to set up production base (factory) in the state for long.
The land is at Panchla village in Howrah on National Highway 6, 35 km from Kolkata. The unit is planned to manufacture snacks like Bingo.
- ITC trying to 'fast forward' Rs.25,000 crore investment plan - Jul 27, 2012
- ITC set to get land for food factory in Bengal - Jul 23, 2010
- FMCG business to be profitable in six years: ITC - Jul 29, 2011
- ITC shuts down two WIMCO plants - Jul 29, 2011
- ITC aims to create multiple Indian FMCG brands: Deveshwar - Jul 27, 2012
- ITC yet to take call on EIH rights issue - Oct 06, 2010
- No open offer for EIH: Deveshwar - Jul 23, 2010
- ITC may shut Wimco unit in Chennai - Jul 23, 2010
- India should not suffer grid collapse: Deveshwar - Aug 01, 2012
- Oberois to raise stake in EIH; firm plans Rs.1.5 bn investment (Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
- Consider Bengal your 'dreamland', Mamata woos industrialists (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- ITC plans mega investments across businesses - Jul 23, 2010
- ITC plans Rs.23,000 crore investment over 10 years (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 23, 2010
- Bengal woos industry amid mismanagement taint (West Bengal Newsletter) - Jan 15, 2012
- India rejigs manufacturing competitiveness council - Sep 26, 2011
Tags: acre, annual general meeting, base factory, bingo, cigarettes, conglomerate, ficci, food factory, gupta, highway 6, howrah, industrial development corporation, itc, lakh, managing director, sidelines, snacks, wbidc, west bengal