Waterlogging hits Kashmere Gate inter-state bus servicesSeptember 23rd, 2010 - 4:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 23 (IANS) Bus services at the busy Kashmere Gate Inter-State Bus Terminus (ISBT) here were halted Thursday as waist-deep rain water clogged the complex. Several buses have been diverted and passengers faced a host of problems.
“Factors like the complex being in a low-lying area and constant downpour caused the waterlogging. Services of the buses have been halted from the terminus itself,” Kashmere Gate ISBT Superintendent Ashish Kumar told IANS.
The rise in the water level of the Yamuna river also led to waterlogging in this low-lying area, he added.
The water has been accumulating in the complex for the past 2-3 days. The pumps used for draining the water out of the complex have proved largely ineffectual.
Early this month also, waterlogging caused due to the monsoon interrupted bus services at the terminus.
- Flooded Kashmere Gate stops inter-state bus services (Lead) - Sep 23, 2010
- Forced out of ISBT, bus operators running in losses - Sep 24, 2010
- Services resume at Kashmere Gate bus terminus - Sep 25, 2010
- No threat of floods in Delhi: Minister (Lead) - Sep 23, 2010
- Delhi lashed by heavy rains; road, rail traffic hit - Sep 12, 2010
- Swollen Yamuna hits over 2,000 people in Delhi, iron bridge closed (Third Lead) - Sep 11, 2010
- Yamuna ebbs further, still flowing above danger level (Lead) - Sep 23, 2010
- Thousands evacuated, iron bridge closed as Yamuna swells (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2010
- Yamuna swells, floods parts of Delhi (Lead) - Sep 11, 2010
- Yamuna recedes but still flowing above danger mark - Sep 23, 2010
- Flood situation in Delhi, alert sounded - Sep 21, 2010
- Torrential rains cripple Delhi -- for hours - Sep 09, 2011
- Heavy downpour in Delhi, traffic hit (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- Yamuna to fall below danger mark by Monday morning (Lead) - Sep 26, 2010
- Speeding bus crushes man, injures 12 (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,