Water resources information system gets Cabinet nodJune 12th, 2008 - 3:44 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , June 12 (ANI): The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) today gave its approval of the plan scheme Development of Water Resources Information System with estimated cost of Rs.234.30 crore for XI plan.
The objective of the plan scheme is to collect the necessary information from various sources, ensure observation of important data and to develop information system on water resources with the objective of making available all relevant information about water resources availability and its utilization for use by the organisation, agencies and individuals associated with the planning, development, management and research in the area of water resources.
Except for the sensitive and classified data, all the information will also be in public domain.
It will also be of benefit in assessment of water availability and utilization with the help of reliable data in a scientific manner resulting in better planning, design and management and faster resolution of water related disputes.
The scheme will be fully operational by the end of 2011. (ANI)
- Water resources information system gets government nod - Jun 12, 2008
- Cabinet approves comprehensive mission document of national water mission - Apr 06, 2011
- Using satellite imagery, Haryana to digitize land records - Jul 13, 2011
- Delhi cabinet approves geospatial data bill - Mar 14, 2011
- Three-year extension to criminal tracking network - Jun 14, 2012
- G-20 Summit Declaration - Jun 20, 2012
- NetApp unveils software for agile data infrastructure - Jul 19, 2012
- New water policy by 2011, will include climate change impact - Jan 18, 2011
- Kerala development model is sustainable: Experts - Sep 12, 2012
- New water policy by March: Water Resources Minister - Jul 26, 2011
- Cabinet approves National Water Mission charter (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- New Zealand firm to manage Indian enterprises' data with CMC - Feb 11, 2012
- Will ensure transparency in adoption process: Tirath - Mar 23, 2011
- A clean, clutter-free BSF, courtesy intranet - Jun 19, 2012
- Data from Chandrayaan moon mission to go public - Sep 05, 2010
Tags: benefit, cabinet committee, cabinet nod, crore, development management, economic affairs, New Delhi, objective, observation, planning development, public domain, resources information system, water availability, water resources