Water on Delhi Metro tracks causes hold-upJuly 21st, 2012 - 11:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 21 (IANS) Commuters on the Delhi Metro’s Jahangirpuri-Gurgaon line were left stranded when water seeped onto the tracks at a section between the INA market and Jor Bagh metro stations in south Delhi.
“The hold-up was due to some water coming onto the tracks, which forced shut the service for some time. However, the train movement has normalised now,” a Delhi Metro official told IANS.
The official said that the water had leaked from the fire extinguishing system at one of the stations in south Delhi.
The Metro spokesperson denied that the technical glitch had any effect on the overall service on the Yellow Line linking Jahangirpuri in north Delhi to HUDA City Centre in neighbouring town of Gurgaon.
“Some delay at individual stations doesn’t have any cumulative delay on the trains’ travel time along the route,” the spokesperson said.
“Even when a train gets delayed at a particular station, it can make up for the delay by moving faster during the rest of the journey,” he added.
- Metro services hit on Gurgaon, Dwarka route - Jan 10, 2011
- Glitches persist on Metro's Jahangirpuri-Gurgaon line - Jan 11, 2011
- Snag on Metro's Gurgaon line affects services, rectified (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Snag leaves Metro commuters stranded in tunnel - Jun 07, 2011
- Passengers stuck in Metro for 40 minutes, services hit (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
- Maintainance work Sunday on Delhi Metro's Gurgaon line - Dec 17, 2010
- Metro stuck for 40 minutes near Patel Chowk station (Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
- Delhi Metro to train recruits for Gurgaon metro - Sep 17, 2012
- Delhi Metro's Central Secretariat-Qutub Minar line opens Friday - Sep 02, 2010
- Power outage cripples Delhi Metro, thousands hit (Fourth Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Technical snag hits Delhi Metro again - Dec 03, 2010
- Delhi Metro services hit on two busy lines (Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
- Metro technical snag leads to crowds at Rajiv Chowk - Feb 01, 2012
- Delhi Metro services affected on Gurgaon line - Apr 08, 2011
- Probe ordered into disruption of Delhi Metro services - Nov 20, 2010