Wadia Group companies form structure for common interestsAugust 6th, 2012 - 9:46 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 6 (IANS) The Wadia Group has floated a formal structure under NowrosjeeWadia & Sons Ltd (NWS) to help group companies in sectors like food, airline, textile and chemical maximise efficiency, Chairman Nusli Wadia said Monday.
“With a view to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of specialised resources, a formal structure was created under NWS to serve the common interests of all Wadia Group companies,” Wadia said during the annual general meeting of Britannia Industries here.
The group companies will pay up to 0.1 percent of their net sales to the NWS as royalty as it has formed a central pool of experts to advise them on issues ranging from legal and taxation to treasury.
While the group companies will continue to maintain the respective departments, the central pool of advisors with the NWS will advise the companies on various issues.
Britannia Industries managing director Vinita Bali said the group companies have the option of increasing the royalty amount up to 0.25 percent of the net sales, but the companies are not considering any increase at present.
“Britannia is a part of the Wadia Group. There is a certain reputation and equity that come as part of being with the Group,” she said. “The costs towards royalty payments will be lower than that of availing such services.”
The royalty paying system exists in the Tata and AV Birla groups.
- Britannia to foray into diabetic-friendly products - Aug 06, 2011
- Britannia planning greenfield projects - Aug 09, 2010
- ITC quarterly net profit rises 20 percent - Jul 26, 2012
- Birla Corp Q1 net down 24 percent - Jul 28, 2012
- Britannia plans to import sugar - Aug 31, 2009
- Hindustan Motors to clarify on land sale - Aug 05, 2011
- Hindustan Motors reports Rs.35.5 cr loss in Q1 - Aug 13, 2012
- Britannia settles 'Tiger' brand tangle with US firm - Aug 31, 2009
- 'Kumar Mangalam will take charge of Kesoram when required' - Jul 05, 2011
- Britannia to invest over Rs.200 crore in new plants - Jul 02, 2011
- Britannia to invest over Rs.200 crore this fiscal (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 02, 2011
- India reaffirms its stand on tax law changes (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Britannia's net profit rises 27.3 percent - Aug 06, 2011
- Johnson Control reports 22 percent revenue increase in Q3 2010 - Jul 24, 2010
- Birla Corp plans Rs.1,025 crore capacity expansion investment - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: annual general meeting, bali, birla, britannia, central pool, common interests, formal structure, group companies, managing director, maximise efficiency, net sales, nusli wadia, nws, royalty payments, sectors, specialised resources, tata, taxation, textile, wadia group