Volvo India takes up rigorous cost cutting measuresMarch 11th, 2009 - 3:28 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Mar.11 (ANI): As growth slows down, Volvo India, the Indian arm of Sweden-based heavy bus and coach manufacturer, has resorted to rigorous cost cutting measures.
“Recession has affected everyone and Volvo buses is no different. High growth rates which were there six months back …more or less disappeared, financing is not available to customers and if it is available it is available at very high interest rates,” Akash Passey, Managing Director of Volvo Bus India Private Limited, said here on Tuesday.
He also said that Volvo was eyeing orders from the public transport undertakings.
“The central and state governments are taking very good measures to change and upgrade…especially the Urban Development Ministry to change urban transport. With that in mind we feel that if that business…to come in we could end up the year with the 20 to 25 percent growth in volume in 2008,” added Passey.
He further added that Volvo Buses India sold 440 buses in 2007-2008, up from 200 a year before. (ANI)
- Volvo India buys out partner's stake in bus JV (Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Travel Bangalore-Mysore on country's longest bus - Sep 04, 2012
- Volvo buses set for slow drive on bumpy road - Mar 10, 2009
- Volvo India buys out partner in joint bus venture - Dec 06, 2010
- Volvo to invest Rs. 400 crore to expand India operations - Oct 13, 2011
- Volvo India wins order for 100 buses - Dec 06, 2010
- Volvo Buses sees a 25-30 percent growth in revenue - Aug 26, 2010
- Trial begins in Delhi of first CNG-powered Volvo city bus - Jun 03, 2011
- Elders' day out, thanks to corporate care (Feature) - May 27, 2009
- Volvo launches gas-powered bus - Jan 05, 2010
- Karnataka should create jobs than seek investments: India Inc - Mar 15, 2012
- Volvo to roll out sleeper coach buses by year-end - Aug 28, 2009
- Volvo to invest Rs.400 crore, set up research centre - Dec 29, 2011
- Volvo ropes in Srei BNP Paribas to offer finance - May 11, 2011
- Volvo introduces special edition Volvo Ocean Race Signature buses - Dec 12, 2008
Tags: coach manufacturer, development ministry, good measures, high interest rates, india private limited, indian arm, managing director, public transport, recession, six months, state governments, sweden, undertakings, urban development, urban transport, volvo, volvo bus, volvo buses, volvo india