Volkswagen to reduce Polo, Vento prices to boost salesSeptember 4th, 2012 - 9:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) German automobile major Volkswagen Tuesday said it will cut prices of the high-end variants of its Polo and Vento sedans and add a host of new features to boost sales.
The car manufacturer said it will cut prices of the both diesel and petrol variants of Polo by up to Rs 40,000 and of the Vento by Rs.20,000. The Polo highline petrol will now come for Rs.584,400 as against Rs.624,409 (ex-showroom New Delhi).
The Polo diesel variant price has been reduced to Rs.694,400 from Rs.736,407, ex-showroom Delhi.
Vento petrol highline variant prices have come down by Rs.20,000 to Rs.9,97,186 for the automatic variant, the manual gears prices have come down to Rs.8,74,805 from Rs.8,95,000, ex-showroom Delhi.
For the Vento diesel Highline variant, the price will come down to Rs.9,89,805 from the current price of Rs.10,20,171 ex-showroom.
The new price structure for Polo will make it more competitive against high-end variants of diesel Swift and i20. The Vento diesel will be going against Hyundai Verna and Skoda Rapid.
“The introduction of new features in the Polo and the Vento will further excite the customers as both the carlines will offer much more value now. The introduction of these features will pave the path for higher volumes for these carlines,” said Arvind Saxena, managing director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars.
The new models will hit the market in the festive season during second half of September 2012.
The move comes as the automaker’s sales fell 38 percent to 4,410 cars in August, 2012 from 6,091 sold in the corresponding month of 2011.
The company added that the new Polo will get eight new features such as black headlights, leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob, better alloy wheels and speed sensing control for the music system, while the Vento will get four new features including navigation system with rear view camera and blue-tooth.
- Hyundai launches new Elantra - Aug 13, 2012
- Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan Sunny - Dec 12, 2011
- Polo prices up by 2.9 percent from Jan 1 - Dec 15, 2010
- Renault launches Scala sedan - Sep 07, 2012
- Volkswagen to launch Polo, Vento variants - Sep 07, 2011
- Volkswagen launches Passat's next generation model - Mar 29, 2011
- Fiat launches new versions of Linea and Punto - Jan 04, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki launches premium sedan Kizashi - Feb 02, 2011
- Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedan - Sep 05, 2011
- Tata Motors unveils new Manza - Feb 06, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki unveils new Swift DZire - Feb 01, 2012
- New versions of Tata's Vista hatchback launched - Aug 23, 2011
- Hyundai to increase production of Verna - Jun 28, 2011
- Toyota launches new variants of Corolla Altis sedan - Jun 16, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches SX4's diesel variant - Feb 22, 2011
Tags: alloy wheels, arvind, blue tooth, car manufacturer, festive season, german automobile, hyundai verna, manual gears, music system, new polo, passenger cars, polo highline, price structure, rear view camera, rs 40, rs 8, s sales, saxena, skoda rapid, steering wheel