Volkswagen June sales rise 166 percentJuly 1st, 2011 - 4:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 1 (IANS) German automobile major Volkswagen Friday reported 166 percent growth in its sales during June as against the same month last year.
“Despite the current slowdown in the market due to recent hikes in both fuel prices and lending rates, we have fared pretty well in the current month, thanks to the strong product line up that we have in the market,” said Neeraj Garg, member of board and director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Volkswagen Group Sales India.
Units sold in June were 5,397 as against 2,032 units sold during the like period of the previous financial year.
The Polo and the Vento continue to be the backbone for the brand with a total of 5,136 units sold in June 2011, the company said in a statement.
The company also emphasised that the recently launched Passat with blueMotion technology, which gives higher fuel efficiency, also received good response from customers with 197 units sold in June 2011.
- Volkswagen to launch new Jetta variant mid-2011 - Apr 08, 2011
- Volkswagen to launch Polo, Vento variants - Sep 07, 2011
- Polo prices up by 2.9 percent from Jan 1 - Dec 15, 2010
- Volkswagen to reduce Polo, Vento prices to boost sales - Sep 04, 2012
- Volkswagen launches Passat's next generation model - Mar 29, 2011
- Volkswagen eyeing 20 percent market share by 2018 - Feb 15, 2011
- Volkswagen Group India achieves impressive sales growth of 180.7 per cent in 2010 - Jan 22, 2011
- Volkswagen India plans to double distribution network - Sep 25, 2009
- Interest rates, fuel hikes dampen automobile sales in June (Roundup) - Jul 01, 2011
- Volkswagen to invest over Rs.700 crore in India - Sep 06, 2012
- Auto sales remain subdued in June (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012
- Volkswagen's China sales go up in 2011 - Jan 13, 2012
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Hyundai and Nissan Motor log growth in July - Aug 01, 2012
- RIL profit falls 13.55 percent, to buy back shares - Jan 20, 2012