Volkswagen expects 2 mn car sales in India by 2014August 28th, 2009 - 11:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 28 (IANS) German automobile manufacturer Volkswagen expects to sell two million cars in India by 2014.
“We are looking at a 10 percent increase in sales next year and Volkswagen forecasts two million car sales in India by 2014,” said Jochem Heizmann, a member of the Volkswagen board, on the sidelines of the annual convention of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) here.
He also highlighted on the company’s strategy in India.
“We see a very big potential for Volkswagen in the Indian market. We plan to stat from a low peak to come to 75 percent in two years here,” he pointed out.
- Volkswagen to invest over Rs.700 crore in India - Sep 06, 2012
- Volkswagen to launch premium hatchback next year - Aug 28, 2009
- Bike sales in August down first time in three years - Sep 10, 2012
- Auto firms bullish on electric vehicles after government plan - Sep 06, 2012
- August car sales down over 18 percent: SIAM - Sep 10, 2012
- SIAM slashes car sales growth forecast to 9-11 percent - Jul 10, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki cars to cost more - Jan 05, 2012
- Volkswagen appoints Arvind Saxena as managing director - Aug 22, 2012
- Volkswagen unveils Polo model, launch this year - Jan 05, 2010
- Auto, realty sectors unhappy at interest rate hike (Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- Volkswagen plans to invest $1 bn in Mexico - Jul 08, 2010
- Volkswagen's China sales go up in 2011 - Jan 13, 2012
- Volkswagen eyeing 20 percent market share by 2018 - Feb 15, 2011
- High interest rate, fuel prices slow down car sales (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Car sales to fall in 10 years despite growth in January (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012