Vodafone ZooZoos win PETA awardMay 21st, 2009 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 21 (IANS) Mobile network operator Vodafone has won the first People for Ethical Treatment for Animals (PETA) 2009 Glitterbox Award, for taking advantage of humane alternatives to the use of real animals in their ZooZoo ads.
A part of the operator’s latest ad campaign, ZooZoos have replaced the company’s “Pug” commercial to which PETA had raised objections earlier because of the use of animals (including a parakeet and a dog) in their ad campaigns.
The “Pug” commercial led to viewers purchasing pugs, and breeders cranking out as many puppies as they could. Later, when the appeal wore off, the dogs ended up in shelters or were abandoned.
“The ZooZoo ads are a refreshing change from the earlier Vodafone (Hutch) ad campaigns,” PETA India’s chief functionary Anuradha Sawhney said in a statement.
“The popularity of this ad campaign proves that there are many creative ways to convey a message without using animals. Animals used in films are often treated as little more than props, and many suffer terribly behind the scenes.”
- PETA awards Parle for animal friendly ad - Sep 10, 2009
- Vodafone brings back pug to attract customers - Feb 20, 2012
- Pamela adopts 'desi' homeless puppy (With image) - May 04, 2012
- 'Jism 2' cast collaborates with PETA - Jun 07, 2012
- Justin Bieber teams up with PETA to promote animal adoption - Jan 21, 2011
- Screen 'Kitty Porn' in Karnataka assembly, says PETA - Feb 27, 2012
- Boycott zoos, urge Mahima, Gulshan - Feb 15, 2012
- Heading PETA India isn't just another job (Interview, With Image) - May 28, 2009
- Health ministry mulls ban on cosmetic testing on animals - Jun 28, 2012
- 44 years after Satyajit Ray's Ang, India gets the Zoozoo - May 08, 2009
- PETA organises 'Easter Protest' in Delhi - Apr 04, 2012
- Litter of 17 puppies born in Germany - Dec 21, 2010
- PETA urges medical colleges to end animal use - Jul 07, 2010
- Leopard mauls croc keeper to death in China zoo - Jul 19, 2012
- Replace animals in medical training: PETA - Jul 13, 2010
Tags: ad campaign, ad campaigns, animals, dogs, ethical treatment, films, humane alternatives, India, mobile network operator, objections, parakeet, popularity, props, pugs, puppies, refreshing change, vodafone