Vodafone ties up with Indian Post in KeralaNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:43 am ICT by admin
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed today by Balaji Raman, GM - Finance, Vodafone Essar Cellular Limited, Kerala and Srikanda Das, Assistant Director, Business Development, Chief PMG Office, Trivandrum.
Also present on the occasion were K. Sankara Narayanan, CEO, Vodafone Essar Cellular Limited, Kerala, Shoba Koshy, Post Master General, Cochin and Hilda Abraham, Post Master General, Calicut.
The tie up with Indian Post is specially targeted at customers who prefer to make payments in cash.
With this facility, any Vodafone post-paid customer can pay their bill at any of the designated post offices anywhere in Kerala.
On the occasion, Abraham, Post Master General, Calicut, said “I think this is the right time we should open our vast network and service in India to the pubilc and this is how I felt that our dedicated staff and our computers can be used for the service of prestigious customers of Vodafone”. his tie-up is currently applicable to 337 designated post offices in the state and this will be extended to more post offices in the coming months.
Kerala has over 26,000 dedicated postal staff and over 5000 post offices.
This convenient payment mechanism through post offices is an addition to the already existing convenient payment options, including Vodafone Stores, Vodafone Mini Stores, Self Service Kiosks, cheque drop boxes, and Vodafone Mobile Stores amongst others.
K. Sankara Narayanan said: “The tie-up with the Indian Postal Service is a significant move for us to make payment simple and convenient for our customers in Kerala. We have been constantly exploring newer and innovative payment options to make bill payment effortless for our customers.”
Vodafone Essar now has operations in 16 circles covering 86 percent of India’s mobile customer base, with over 35.6 million customers.
Vodafone is the world’s leading international mobile communications company. It now has operations in 25 countries across five continents and 40 partner networks with over 200 million customers worldwide. Vodafone has partnered with the Essar Group as its principal joint venture partner for the Indian market. (ANI)
- Vodafone to buy out Essar's stake in Indian subsidiary for $5 bn - Mar 31, 2011
- Vodafone launches Rs.4 voucher scheme - Jul 12, 2010
- Court notice to Vodafone - Nov 17, 2011
- Postal department opens counter at Fabindia store - Jun 14, 2011
- Vodafone launches ad campaign on mobile number portability - Jan 10, 2011
- Reliance Capital arm launches mobile-based payment system - Aug 09, 2012
- TRAI issues notices to operators for violating norms - Aug 17, 2011
- RCom launches bill service for visually challenged - Aug 16, 2010
- Vodafone launches mobile wi-fi device - Mar 14, 2011
- Vodafone sells Apple Inc's iPhone 3GS in India - Mar 26, 2010
- Court relief for Matrix Cellular - Oct 28, 2011
- Vodafone to stream cricket World Cup matches - Feb 10, 2011
- Vodafone brings special Tuesday in Kolkata - Aug 04, 2009
- Vodafone launches handset at Rs.809 in Delhi - May 10, 2010
- Airtel, Axis Bank join hands for mobile banking - May 16, 2012
Tags: abraham, balaji, british telecom, calicut, cochin, director business development, drop boxes, gm finance, kerala, kochi, memorandum of understanding, mini stores, payment mechanism, payment options, post offices, prestigious customers, sankara, shoba, trivandrum, vodafone