Vodafone slashes roaming ratesMay 6th, 2008 - 9:56 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 6 (IANS) Leading cellular service provider Vodafone Essar Tuesday slashed roaming charges and the rates for long-distance calls. With the new reduced tariffs, customers will be able to make STD calls at Rs.1.30 per minute to any destination within India on both pre- and post-paid schemes, a company press release stated.
Roaming rates have been reduced to Re.1 per minute for all incoming and local outgoing calls. STD calls on roaming will be charged Rs.1.50 per minute.
The new tariffs come into effect Tuesday.
Vodafone Essar is a subsidiary of London-based Vodafone Group Plc and commenced operations in 1994 when its predecessor Hutchison Telecom acquired the cellular licence for Mumbai. Vodafone Essar now has operations in 16 telecom circles in the coutry.
- No hike in tariff: MTNL - Aug 03, 2011
- Idea, Vodafone end one paisa tariff - Jul 28, 2011
- Reliance Communications hikes call tariffs by 20 percent - Aug 14, 2011
- TRAI quizzes telcos on tariff hike - Aug 25, 2011
- 2G: Raids at Airtel, Vodafone offices after CBI files new case (Second Lead) - Nov 19, 2011
- Vodafone gets low call rates with Bonus Cards - Aug 06, 2009
- Vodafone hikes call tariff for post-paid customers in Mumbai by 20 percent - May 01, 2012
- Trunk call charges slashed up to 50 percent - Jun 09, 2008
- Idea Cellular slashes 3G tariffs by 70 percent - May 22, 2012
- Matrix offers 30 min free calling to India from US, Britain - Aug 13, 2012
- Idea Cellular slashes long-distance call rates - May 07, 2008
- Operators must offer calls at 1 paisa per second plan: TRAI - Apr 20, 2012
- India's apex court saves Vodafone $2.2-bn tax burden (Roundup) - Jan 20, 2012
- MTS launches 30 paise plan for calls - Jul 05, 2012
- TRAI asks operators to offer per second-billing plan (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: cellular licence, cellular service provider, group plc, hutchison telecom, India, london, long distance, predecessor, roaming charges, rs 1, slashes, std calls, subsidiary, tariffs, telecom circles, vodafone, vodafone essar