Vodafone selects Nokia Siemens and Ericsson for 3G serviceOctober 13th, 2010 - 5:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 13 (IANS) Telecom service provider Vodafone Essar Wednesday said it has selected Nokia Siemens Networks and Ericsson India as partners to provide third generation (3G) services across the country.
“These allies will enable swift 3G deployment, create synergy between GSM and 3G networks, and maintain leading edge HSPA (High Speed Packet Access) networks in nine of Vodafone’s 3G license circles,” the company said in a statement.
The nine circles — Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh (East) and West Bengal — cover 60 percent of the company’s customer base.
While Ericsson will provide 3G HSPA service in Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata, Nokia Siemens will manage the network in the rest of the circles including Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Maharastra, UP(East), Rest of Bengal and Haryana.
“Ericsson and Nokia Siemens are specialists in this area (3G) and we view this as a very strategic alliance, in order to deliver and maintain a high quality network which customers will expect from Vodafone,” said Marten Pieters, managing director, Vodafone Essar.
- Vodafone to launch 3G services in Q1 of 2011 - Oct 21, 2010
- Bharti Airtel to launch 3G by year-end - Oct 25, 2010
- Ericsson, Nokia and Huawei to partner Bharti's 3G roll-out - Sep 20, 2010
- Uninor to scale down operations in four active circles - Jul 24, 2012
- Nokia Siemens Networks, du to upgrade Dubai telecom service - Oct 24, 2010
- 3G spectrum shortage, auction format were hurdles: Airtel - May 19, 2010
- Bharti Airtel expands service agreement with Ericsson - Nov 28, 2011
- Low-cost mobiles to drive 3G growth: Ericsson - Aug 11, 2011
- 3G spectrum auction kicks off, 5 rounds completed (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2010
- Delhi attracts highest bids on second day of 3G spectrum auction - Apr 10, 2010
- Airtel deal with Nokia Siemens for expansion in Africa - Sep 29, 2011
- Vodafone India revamps top management, appoints Sunil Sood COO - Mar 02, 2012
- Reliance Communication launches 3G services in four cities - Dec 13, 2010
- Vodafone launches mobile wi-fi device - Mar 14, 2011
- Tata Docomo to launch 3G services on Nov 5 - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,