Vodafone reaches 100 million subscribers in IndiaApril 8th, 2010 - 6:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 8 (IANS) Mobile telephony provider Vodafone Essar has crossed the landmark of 100 million subscribers in India, the telecom operator said Thursday.
After Bharti Airtel and Reliance Communications (RCom), Vodafone is the third company in India to reach the milestone of 100 million customers. In terms of revenue, it is India’s second largest operator.
“In the past three years, we have invested over Rs.20,000 crore to expand our operations to service customers in India. We will utilise our global and Indian experience to deliver the best products and services to our customers,” said the company’s managing director Marten Pieters.
He said the company will work on investing in platforms enabling the delivery of internet and data services to a large part of the country. It will also expand investments in new business areas like enterprise and carriers business.
Vodafone Essar is the Indian unit of Vodafone Group Plc of the UK.
- Call rates can rise 100 percent, warn telecom operators - May 03, 2012
- Airtel Bangladesh crosses five million subscriber-mark - Jun 25, 2011
- 3G spectrum shortage, auction format were hurdles: Airtel - May 19, 2010
- India adds 7.27 million GSM subscribers in May - Jun 21, 2012
- India adds 6.5 million GSM subscribers in April - May 25, 2012
- Networks hope to acquire more users, spectrum - Feb 03, 2012
- Vodafone India revamps top management, appoints Sunil Sood COO - Mar 02, 2012
- Mobile number portability not much of a hit - Dec 04, 2011
- Vodafone to buy out Essar's stake in Indian subsidiary for $5 bn - Mar 31, 2011
- India's Bharti makes grand entry into Africa's telecom market - Mar 31, 2010
- Vodafone India posts 19.5 percent hike in service revenue - May 22, 2012
- Idea Cellular biggest gainer of mobile number portability - May 06, 2012
- India adds 14.5 million GSM subscribers in March - Apr 15, 2011
- India adds 14.7 million GSM subscribers in February - Mar 17, 2011
- India's apex court saves Vodafone $2.2-bn tax burden (Roundup) - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: 100 million, bharti airtel, business areas, crore, indian experience, landmark, managing director, milestone, million subscribers, new business, New Delhi, pieters, rcom, reliance, service customers, telecom operator, telephony provider, vodafone, vodafone essar, vodafone group plc