Vodafone India posts 19.5 percent hike in service revenueMay 22nd, 2012 - 9:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 22 (IANS) Vodafone India Tuesday posted a 19.5 percent increase in service revenue at Rs.3,21,184 million during the financial year ended March 31, but said its initial public offering (IPO) may not happen this year.
The firm had posted Rs.2,69,366 million service revenue during the previous financial year.
Its ebitda (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) was at Rs.85,493 million, up 21.6 percent against Rs.70,301 crore in the previous fiscal.
“We have had a really good year with very strong operational performance, continued revenue market share growth and an improvement in margins,” said Marten Pieters, managing director and chief executive officer, Vodafone India.
Vodafone India reported an average revenue per user of Rs.180 in the January-March quarter.
The operator also crossed 150 million subscribers base while its net port in through mobile number portability stood at around 1.7 million as on March 31, 2012.
About the IPO, the firm said it might not be in a position to launch it if the government accepts the recommendations of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on spectrum auction.
“It is highly unlikely that we are able to do an IPO in the middle of so many spectrum auctions. It depends on what the final decision on auction of spectrum will be,” Pieters told reporters.
- Operators urge Sibal to auction total spectrum, reduce reserve price - Apr 27, 2012
- Vodafone India revamps top management, appoints Sunil Sood COO - Mar 02, 2012
- Call rates can rise 100 percent, warn telecom operators - May 03, 2012
- Telcom firms meet Sibal again lobbying against TRAI proposals - May 08, 2012
- Bharti Airtel quarterly net income down 28 percent (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam's net profit up by six percent - Nov 10, 2011
- Vodafone reaches 100 million subscribers in India - Apr 08, 2010
- Reliance Communications posts Rs.332 crore net profit - May 28, 2012
- Reliance Communications quarterly revenue rises at Rs.5,052 crore - Feb 10, 2012
- Biocon net up 25 percent for fourth quarter - Apr 28, 2011
- TRAI recommends over six-fold cost for 2G spectrum - Feb 09, 2011
- 3G spectrum shortage, auction format were hurdles: Airtel - May 19, 2010
- Notices to five telcos for under-stating revenue - Jan 31, 2012
- Vodafone Group's quarterly India revenue grows 6.3 percent - Feb 09, 2012
- Facebook set to raise $16 bn with largest tech IPO - May 18, 2012
Tags: amortization, chief executive officer, crore, depreciation, final decision, good year, initial public offering, initial public offering ipo, managing director, market share growth, million subscribers, mobile number, operational performance, rs 180, spectrum auction, spectrum auctions, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, trai, vodafone