Vodafone Group’s quarterly India revenue grows 6.3 percentFebruary 9th, 2012 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 9 (IANS) Britain-based telecom firm Vodafone Group Thursday reported a 6.3 percent rise in its India revenue at 1.02 billion pounds ($1.62 billion) for the quarter ended Dec 31 owing to the increase in the customer base.
The firm had posted 963 million pounds revenue during the like period of the previous financial year, the company said in a statement.
The group’s global revenue decreased 2.3 percent at 11.62 billion pounds during the quarter under review.
“We are continuing to make progress in the key strategic areas of data, enterprise and emerging markets. Despite the further deterioration of the southern European economic environment during the quarter, our broad geographic mix is delivering a resilient overall performance,” said Vittorio Colao, chief executive, Vodafone Group.
“Our improved value perception, strong cash generation and healthy balance sheet give us confidence that we can continue to execute well,” he added.
The group also said that the quarter saw 46.4 percent growth in India’s data revenue, adding that as on Dec 2011 the data customers totalled 31.2 million.
The telecom major also said that while the market remained highly competitive, the effective rate per minute had increased slightly compared to the previous quarter following the penetration of recent price rises into the customer base.
Following the launch of its commercial 3G services in February 2011, 3G was available to Vodafone customers in 683 towns and cities across 20 circles by Dec 31, 2011. The operator’s subscribers base in India stood at 147.75 million as on Dec 31.
- Vodafone welcomes apex court's decision in tax case - Jan 20, 2012
- Analjit Singh to be non-executive chairman of Vodafone India - Feb 10, 2012
- Vodafone chief Vittorio Colao meets Sibal - Feb 13, 2012
- Vodafone India quarterly revenue rises 8.9 percent - Jul 22, 2011
- Final decision on 3G roaming after meeting operators: DoT - Nov 28, 2011
- Vodafone cuts down value of Indian venture by a third - May 19, 2010
- Bharti Airtel's quarterly net profit declines 22.4 percent (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Vodafone to buy out Essar's stake in Indian subsidiary for $5 bn - Mar 31, 2011
- Reliance Communications quarterly revenue rises at Rs.5,052 crore - Feb 10, 2012
- Bharti Airtel quarterly net income down 28 percent (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Return 3G license fees if roaming pact illegal: Telecom biggies - Nov 22, 2011
- India's apex court saves Vodafone $2.2-bn tax burden (Roundup) - Jan 20, 2012
- Faced with 500 m pound license bill, Vodafone might take till 2020 to make Indian business turnaroun - Dec 01, 2010
- Sibal meets telecom operators on 3G issue - Nov 30, 2011
- Tata Motors scrip down on concerns over JLR - May 30, 2012
Tags: 3g services, balance sheet, cash generation, chief executive, circles, confidence, customer base, deterioration, economic environment, effective rate, emerging markets, launch, New Delhi, penetration, perception, telecom firm, towns and cities, vittorio colao, vodafone, vodafone group