Vivimed Labs acquire Uquifa for $55 millionDecember 1st, 2011 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Dec 1 (IANS) Hyderabad-based Vivimed Labs Ltd Thursday announced the acquisition of Uquifa, a 75-year-old manufacturer of pharma APIs and intermediates with operations in Spain and Mexico, for $55 million.
With the acquisition of Uquifa Spain and Uquifa Mexico, Vivimed Labs hopes to bring in strategic growth into its product mix and expand the footprint in Europe and the Americas.
The acquisition has been financed by a balanced mix of debt and equity funds. The investment consideration of $55 million is paid by equity infusion of $20 million, debt financing of $25 million and the balance of $10 million by way of deferred payment, said a release by Vivimed Lads.
Uquifa has a net assets of $65 million and gross assets of $100 million as on June 30, 2011.
The integration process is to be completed in a time span of 18 to 24 months.
While Uquifa gets the supply side efficiencies and knowledge base of Vivimed in pharma, Vivimed would leverage the pre-eminent position of Uquifa in APIs and their robust pipeline of filings to accelerate growth across Europe and the Americas in the next five years.
“Multi-geographical locations spell stability and cement long term relationships with customers and channel partners. With Uquifa, Vivimed will have a footprint into LATAM and deeper into Europe,” said Santosh Varalwar, MD, Vivimed Labs.
- Orchid Chemicals sells penicillin, penem business to Hospira - Aug 29, 2012
- Orchid Pharma to invest Rs.200 crore in niche segment - Nov 04, 2010
- Mexican group sells South American hotels for $275 mn - Jul 17, 2012
- Surya Pharma's arm acquires US's ActivOn for $22 mn - Dec 28, 2010
- Tough year for realty, no respite seen in short-run (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 29, 2011
- IMF sees some 'hot spots' in Indian equities markets - Jan 25, 2011
- Wall Street mixed on Fed's modest action - Jun 21, 2012
- Uflex assigns $250 mn for growth, eyes $2-bn revenue by 2015 - Sep 06, 2012
- Wall Street rises on monetary easing hopes - Jun 20, 2012
- US AptarGroup expanding presence in India - Oct 27, 2011
- Kuwait's Zain accepts Bharti's offer for African assets - Mar 24, 2010
- Carlos Slim's firm to acquire US company - May 11, 2012
- Mexican oil giant sells $327 mn in bonds - Mar 14, 2012
- NIIT acquires Spanish IT firm Proyecta - Aug 16, 2011
- US stocks mixed amid Greek debt talks (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: apis, channel partners, debt financing, deferred payment, efficiencies, equity funds, equity infusion, footprint, geographical locations, gross assets, intermediates, lads, latam, long term relationships, net assets, next five years, robust pipeline, santosh, time span, uquifa