Virgin to restart Mumbai service in OctoberMarch 15th, 2012 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 15 (IANS) Virgin Atlantic Thursday said it will restart its operations to Mumbai with a daily service from London from October 29, 2012. The service was last operated in May 2009.
“India’s phenomenal growth continues to drive travel to the UK and the USA and we know our passengers are going to love the connections the new flight offers,” Richard Branson, president, Virgin Atlantic Airways, said in a statement.
According to the airline, A-330 aircraft will be deployed on the route and the investment for operating the service will create 100 jobs in India and the UK.
“The A330-300 aircraft will be configured in the airlines’ three classes: upper class with 33 seats, premium economy with 48 seats and economy with 185 seats,” the statement said.
The company is also trying to capture transit travellers to US via UK., by timing flights that offer opportunity to travellers to catch connecting services onwards to US with less than a two hour wait at Heathrow airport.
“New Mumbai service is being launched on the back of another Indian success story with Virgin Atlantic’s New Delhi to London and New York service enjoying 20 percent growth in 2011,” the statement said.
- British Midland International airline starts London-Amritsar service - Oct 14, 2011
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
- Dusseldorf is Etihad's 71st destination - Jul 23, 2011
- More Johannesburg-Mumbai flights - Jun 14, 2012
- Mallya gloats over Kingfisher getting best airline award - Sep 28, 2011
- Garuda Indonesia orders 11 more Airbus widebody aircraft - Apr 12, 2012
- Kutcher heads to space - Mar 21, 2012
- Bangkok Airways starts flights between Thailand, Mumbai - Mar 04, 2011
- Emirates increases flights to Tunis - Oct 25, 2011
- British airline to begin Amritsar-London flight - Sep 08, 2011
- South African Airways is sole carrier on Mumbai-Johannesburg route - Jun 14, 2012
- Jet Airways plans new service to Riyadh, Bangkok - Nov 08, 2011
- Jet Airways to increase Gulf flights from October - Aug 21, 2012
- Etihad, Alitalia to launch Rome-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 25, 2012
- Jet to start Thiruvananthapuram-Sharjah flight - Jul 27, 2011
Tags: a330, airline, airlines, connecting services, flights, heathrow airport, jobs in india, london, New Delhi, phenomenal growth, premium economy, richard branson, success story, travellers, virgin atlantic, virgin atlantic airways