Videocon discovers natural gas in MozambiqueOctober 19th, 2010 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 19 (IANS) Videocon Industries Monday said it has found natural gas in a exploration block in the Rovuma basin of Mozambique.
Videocon is exploring the basin as part of a consortium with Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.
“The Barquontine exploration well in the offshore Area 1 of Mozambique’s Rovuma basin encountered more than 308 net feet of pay in Oligocenc sands,” the company said in a statement.
According to the company, the well also found an additional 108 net feet of natural gas pay in the Paleocene sands. Earlier the company had discovered 75 net feet of pay at the Windjammer discovery, located southwest of the current discovery.
“With the Windjammer, and now Barquontine discoveries, the consortium has discovered a substantial natural gas resource. the consortium has begun designing an appraisal programme that will better delineate the Area l,” the statement said.
The company is a 10 percent stake holder in the consortium which is exploring Area-1 of the Rovuma basin through its fully owned subsidiary Videocon Mozambique Rovuma 1 Limited.
- BPCL partner finds gas in Mozambique - Feb 18, 2010
- Bharat Petroleum, Videocon strike more gas off Mozambique - Nov 28, 2011
- Cairn India and PetroSA deal on oil exploration in South Africa - Aug 16, 2012
- Latin America - Energising India (Comment) - Jun 21, 2012
- Petrobras finds oil signs during deepwater exploration - Oct 28, 2010
- Cairn India strikes oil in Krishna Godavari basin - Aug 23, 2010
- Gas production from RIL's KG-D6 block declines - Aug 09, 2012
- India to formulate policy to tap shale gas - Mar 11, 2011
- Sri Lanka says gas field found in northwestern sea - Oct 03, 2011
- ONGC Videsh inks deal with PetroVietnam - Oct 12, 2011
- Petrobras reports gas leak at drilling platform - Nov 28, 2011
- ONGC strikes new gas field in Tripura - Mar 15, 2011
- Brazilian firm makes deepwater oil find - Aug 27, 2012
- ONGC rises after gas discovery - Sep 23, 2010
- Government gives nod for Reliance Industries-BP deal - Jul 22, 2011
Tags: anadarko petroleum, anadarko petroleum corporation, area 1, consortium, discoveries, discovery, gas resource, mozambique, mumbai, natural gas, offshore area, percent stake, stake holder, subsidiary, videocon industries