Vibrant Gujarat: $56.43 bn fund for urban developmentJanuary 13th, 2011 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, Jan 13 (IANS) Eleven memoranda of understanding (MoUs) worth Rs.25,397 crore ($56.43 billion) for different urban development projects were signed during the 5th Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit here Thursday. The major agreements include a Rs.5,200 crore ($11.55 billion) deal with Essel Group for solid waste management, sewage treatment in Ahmedabad, Baroda and Surat, land fill, gas capture and electricity generation project in Ahmedabad and Vapi and desalination project in Surat, according to an official statement released here.
L&T Infrastructure Development has committed Rs.5,000 crore ($11.11 billion) investment for the Ahmedabad Monorail project.
Other major committed investments include Sintex Industries Rs.2,500 crore ($5.55 billion) investment on affordable housing for low income group people, Tata Housing’s project worth Rs.1,000 crore ($2.22 billion) and Sevvy Unispace’s knowledge park township and commercial development worth Rs.3,065 crore ($6.81 billion).
- Va Tech Wabag betting big on desalination water projects - May 25, 2012
- Energy sector deals worth Rs.7.38 lakh crore at Gujarat summit - Jan 13, 2011
- Karnataka exceeds investment target, hits Rs.9-trillion mark (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Two killed as monorail slab collapses - Jul 01, 2011
- PM's assets around Rs.10.73 crore - Sep 09, 2012
- Essel Group to develop 800 acre entertainment zone near Mumbai - Apr 08, 2010
- Va Tech Wabag looks for acquisitions overseas - May 27, 2011
- Defence units with Rs.7,000 crore investment coming up in Andhra - Mar 18, 2012
- Six-lane roads to connect India's metros - Sep 12, 2011
- Gujarat to have Asia's largest solar power park - Dec 30, 2010
- Cabinet nod for petrochemical region in Tamil Nadu - Jul 04, 2012
- Gujarat cities get five national urban awards - Dec 03, 2009
- Once bitten, Karnataka not shy to woo investors again - Jun 06, 2012
- Bengal emerging as new investment destination: Pranab - Apr 01, 2012
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investment (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,