Verizon Wireless to buy AlltelJune 7th, 2008 - 12:46 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Verizon would buy rural mobile phone service provider Alltel Corp for $28.1 billion.The shares of Verizon Communications Inc, which owns 55 percent of Verizon Wireless, rose 6 percent after it said the deal would boost earnings by more than 10 cents a share in the first year after the deal, excluding items such as integration costs.
The shares of Britain’s Vodafone Group Pfc, which owns 45 percent of Verizon Wireless, rose 3.8 percent. Verizon Wireless said the deal would create savings of $1 billion in the second year after closing, which is targeted for the end of 2008, pending regulatory approval. It forecast total savings of more than $9 billion by 2011, driven by reduced capital and operating expenses.
Verizon said the deal would be cash-flow positive in the first year, although it estimated integration costs at $1.1 billion to $1.2 billion in the first year and $500 million to $600 million in the second.
- Technology - Verizon Wireless to buy Alltel - Jun 06, 2008
- Verizon announces increased revenues for the second quarter of 2010 - Jul 24, 2010
- Verizon job losses after Q2 results - Jul 28, 2009
- Sarin helps Vodafone become part of biggest US mobile firm - Jun 06, 2008
- AT&T; drops bid for T-Mobile - Dec 20, 2011
- Nokia Siemens networks in 1.2-bn deal for Motorola - Jul 19, 2010
- Verizon Wireless to introduce tiered data plan in next four to six months - Sep 24, 2010
- India's apex court saves Vodafone $2.2-bn tax burden (Roundup) - Jan 20, 2012
- Apple to launch smaller iPhone - Feb 11, 2011
- Vodafone for 20 percent carbon footprint cut by 2015 - Aug 08, 2011
- Carlos Slim's firm to acquire US company - May 11, 2012
- China Telecom to sell iPhone 4S - Feb 21, 2012
- US moves to block AT&T;'s acquisition of T-Mobile - Sep 01, 2011
- Sarin-led Vodafone could be biggest mobile firm in US - Jun 05, 2008
- Pirmal Healthcare scrip up 1.62 percent day after Vodafone deal - Aug 11, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, alltel, alltel corp, cash flow, earnings, integration costs, mobile phone service, mobile phone service provider, operating expenses, pfc, phone service provider, regulatory approval, verizon, verizon communications, verizon communications inc, verizon wireless, vodafone, vodafone group