Velankani to invest Rs.3 bn in tech parkOctober 21st, 2008 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Oct 21 (IANS) Velankani, an affiliate of AIG Global Real Estate, Tuesday said it will invest Rs.3 billion in the Velankani Tech Park, a notified special economic zone (SEZ), in Tamil Nadu’s Sriperumbudur area. “The proposed development of 8.5 million square feet is aimed at providing `plug-and-play’ space for at least 20 electronics hardware and telecom component manufacturers and IT/ITES (IT enabled services) companies to commence operations in a seamless manner in this industrial hub,” Velankani director Kiron Shah said.
“All basic infrastructure will be provided by Velankani to meet tenant requirements including future expansion. AIG Global brings tremendous experience in development of industrial parks worldwide and we hope to augment the burgeoning industrial growth in the state by partnering the global giant’s experience,” Shah added.
“This investment is a statement of AIG Global’s continued commitment to India and our investors,” AIG Global Real Estate India managing director Rajesh Agarwal said.
Sriperumbudur, an industrial hub, is 50 km west of Chennai.
AIG Global owns, manages, or has under-development approximately $25.7 billion in assets of all property types located in over 50 countries, according to a company release.
- Honeywell Technology allotted land in Madurai SEZ - Dec 24, 2010
- Kozhikode Cyberpark gets Special Economic Zone tag - Jun 24, 2011
- Achuthanandan to lay foundation stone of Kannur Cyberpark - Jan 13, 2011
- Asia's largest aerospace hub near Bangalore soon - Jun 04, 2012
- IT/ITes is no hot sector for job seekers post meltdown - Sep 15, 2010
- DLF sells Pune SEZ - Dec 28, 2011
- Kochi Infopark readies for second phase - Oct 12, 2011
- Real estate meet to focus on urban management in India - Sep 22, 2010
- Tough year for realty, no respite seen in short-run (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 29, 2011
- Kerala woos prospective investors from Karnataka - Jul 20, 2012
- Andhra reducing dependency on US for IT exports - Jul 02, 2009
- CCCL and Tidco to promote food processing SEZ - Jul 16, 2010
- Myanmar's ruler visits IT hub in Hyderabad - Jul 28, 2010
- Karnataka moves to set up IT investment region near Bangalore - Jul 15, 2010
- Experts bat for green infrastructure in urban India - Sep 23, 2010