Vedanta committed to completing Orissa projects: AgarwalJune 6th, 2009 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, June 6 (IANS) Britain-based Vedanta Resources, which has invested over Rs.25,000 crore (Rs.250 billion) in different projects in Orissa, was committed to completing all planned projects in the state, its chairman Anil Agarwal said here Saturday.
“We have taken a decision for Orissa. It’s very important for us to complete all our projects,” Agarwal told reporters here after holding talks with Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in the state secretariat.
“We have not cut down the team of our projects or the project size,” said the NRI industrialist, adding: “We have already invested Rs.25,000 crore in Orissa. Another Rs.25,000 crore would be invested in the next two years.”
Vedanta Aluminium Ltd (VAL) has set up a greenfield alumina refinery in Kalahandi district.
It is also setting up an aluminum smelter and a 1,215 MW captive power plant. Besides, the group company, Sterlite Energy Ltd, is setting up a 2,400 MW independent power plant in Jharsuguda district.
The Anil Agarwal Foundation, promoted by Agarwal, is setting up a multi-disciplinary world-class Vedanta University near the Konark-Puri marine drive with an investment of Rs.150 billion in phases.
- Villagers seek allocation of bauxite for Vedanta plant - Aug 29, 2012
- Vedanta Aluminium to raise capacity to 2.5 million tonnes - Dec 06, 2011
- Vedanta against bauxite export - Sep 03, 2012
- Land acquisition for Vedanta University quashed - Nov 16, 2010
- Vedanta hopes to get bauxite for Orissa plant soon - Jan 22, 2010
- National Aluminium on a major diversification drive: Chairman - Jul 28, 2011
- Court rejects Vedanta plea for alumina refinery expansion - Jul 19, 2011
- Villagers stage demonstration seeking bauxite for Vedanta plant - Sep 11, 2012
- Vedanta vows to complete its projects in Orissa - Jan 03, 2009
- Vedanta University project gets environmental clearance - Apr 17, 2010
- BJP activists burn effigies of Patnaik over Vedanta issue - Nov 17, 2010
- Supreme Court stays order on Sterlite plant closure - Oct 01, 2010
- Orissa assembly adjourned over Vedanta varsity issue - Nov 23, 2010
- Orissa assembly disrupted again over university issue - Nov 24, 2010
- Vedanta plans to shut down Odisha refinery from December - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: alumina refinery, aluminium, aluminum smelter, anil agarwal foundation, bhubaneswar, captive power plant, chief minister, crore, energy ltd, greenfield, group company, independent power, industrialist, konark, orissa, rs 250, secretariat, state secretariat, vedanta resources